Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #1 
Coastal Bettas

Best sponge filters for betta fry?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering everyone's favorite sponge filters for betta fry tanks? I know most people prefer to wait until they are two weeks old before adding a filter, just curious about what brand/type they prefer. I had rectangle shaped ones but the bubbles from that filter disrupted the surface of the water quite a bit which I didn't think was good for the delicate fry. Also with all sponge filters will they need to be rinsed and cleaned once per week?
Coastal Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 
KadenJames

I use this sponge filter for my fry tanks- http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-15-Gal-In...ht_2260wt_1112

And these filters for my housing units- http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Bio-Spong...item3cc6abadd8

You should rinse the sponge once every two or so weeks. I always attach an airline to the sponge, then put a gang valve onto the airline. This way I can adjust the flow of air, using a smaller flow when they are very young, and increasing it as they grow.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #3 
Junglist

I use hydro sponge filters cause you have an option of putting a airstone in it so the bubbles are smaller and gentle to the frys but any filter is good as long as its a sponge filter
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote