Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Angry Petco rant

ok I was at petco buying snails, and I made sure to come in on the day my favorite new worker was there :D she let me break the rules like saving the fish off the ground and taking them home, and selling to me when I'm under 18, and she was really nice and friendly, she double-checks all the animals.

Theo other day, as I said, I went on her day to grab some snails and I ask for helo and she doesnt show, so I'm like maybe she's sick, and the other lady says oh the fish lady is taking FOREVER in the back again, she's so slow, and slow at learning the rules. Then she said she should stop saying bad things about other employees, but I'm glad she did, then my favorite lady came out of tha back, and recognised me and said hi. I tried not to say about the little "rules" and come up with excuses, and the whole time the manager was politely criticizing her, and then as I left, they went to "double check her clumsy work" it aggrivates me so much how knowledge is not recognised, and friendliness is reprimanded.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

This is the way of the world now, economics and strength in numbers tends to be name of the game when it comes to big retailers.

All places have their start and I'm sure that pet stores like petco/petsmart had/have employees who are knowledgeable about the pets they are taking care of. BUT, it is much more profitable for a sales person to sell off the pets than it is to have a sales associate who knows what they are doing to get the customer to purchase everything necessary for a pet.

Personally I find that people don't take kindly to being told what a pet's living condition should be and that the only way to truly persuade people differently is to have a "degree". It frustrates me to no end that major pet stores are focusing more and more away from correct care and running their businesses as market gains.

As my business classes have taught me though it is much harder to keep customers in the long run than it is to get new customers through your doors through advertisements. But it is those repeat customers that keep your business steady.

It's only a matter of time that these companies realize what is happening and hopefully they will appreciate knowledgeable employees. (Do note that I don't see this happening any time soon)...
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Awww :( I feel bad for her!

I didn't know they can't sell to people under 18... I bought 2 snails the other day and I'm 15 (I look younger too)...
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 
Pogthefish

well they dont always check
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #5 
greenfishfl

to tell you the truth the world has changed alot. i know even though im young im 15 and i can see how its changed over the years, theres just too much going around the world. the last time i was at petco i found out they have bad customer service and they dont sell anything unless your 18 and older

Last edited by Sakura8; 06-07-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: drug reference
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 
Pogthefish

:(
Old 06-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #7 
thekinetic

Also I make it a point of calling people out on their bad mouthing others! I personally would have told that manager that it's that knowledgable worker that keeps my buisness not their dumb selves!!

Last edited by Sakura8; 06-07-2012 at 11:53 PM.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #8 
greenfishfl

Thank you
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #9 
Sakura8

Just did a little editing here, nothing to worry about. Remember, keep it family friendly. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #10 
ZergyMonster

Thanks Sakura8, those little tidbits swung the thread in the wrong direction.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote