Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #1 
chibir3dpanda

Random question! xD

Sooooooo :D
Does like your family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend ever get annoyed when you're like completely obsessing about bettas and wont shutup about them? xD
This happens to me like all the time with my parents and boyfriend. I'll just be sitting there rambling on about bettas and my boyfriend will just be like "yeah that's cool babe" At least he tries to show some interest LOL.

I would really hope betta obessing does NOT ruin someone's relationship though! That would be terrible
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #2 
Erin908

Lol, yes. At least your boyfriend feigns interest.
My family (and friends) will just say "Can we talk about something else?" or the more common "What on Earth are you rambling about?" or "I have no idea what a half moon plakat is, let alone care about it's fin damage"
Erin908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Not sure about betta, but I know the phrase "it's me or the fish" has come up, and some people have been happily divorced to pursue their fish obsessions.
I actually have -some- self control and don't talk about fish too much. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #4 
lvandert

Oh I do it all the time. My family, friends and bf are none too interested but I've found something that gets my bf's attention; babies. He gets sucked into their cuteness
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #5 
thekoimaiden

Well if my boyfriend pulls "it's me or the fish" then I pull out the phrase "it's me or the video games." lol! We've both got our passions and enjoy the happiness it gives each of us. He'll talk to me about video games, and I'll talk to him about my fish. He actually likes them quite a bit. He loves seeing the bettas flare their gills and watching my koi swim. My loaches are his favorite. But he picks on my goldfish for being fat! T_T

Offline I don't really talk about fish that much because I have you guys to come be fishy with. But after I got into a pet store, that's another story.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #6 
xShainax

I do it all the time. >.>
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm with Izzy, I spend so much time on here talking about fish sometimes it's good to get away with it (especially when dealing with frustrating issues!)
I will tell one of my friends if something "interesting" happens. She always wants to go to the fish store with me to listen about everything I have to say about every fish. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #8 
chibir3dpanda

Lol niceee. Yeah when I'm like rambling on about bettas to my mother while she's getting ready for work she's just like "Umm yeah that's great... please get out of my room" LOL. My boyfriend has actually seemed to be more interested in my bettas after I showed him how they flare and stuff lol. He's even told me I can bring my fish when I move in with him lol. I've never had the "its me or the fish" talk with him yet lol

Last edited by chibir3dpanda; 05-28-2012 at 06:20 AM.
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #9 
inareverie85

I don't even talk about the fish too much with the older generation of my family because most of them believe I shouldn't have so many fish (just wait until I breed them!). My boyfriend, however, is very supportive of my hobby, and he'll hang out in the fish room with me without prodding. He likes looking at the fish, but he's made it very clear that caring for them will always be my responsibility! Haha :D
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #10 
Babydoll

Funny I just found this post because Iwas telling my fiance at dinner that Im sorry if i bore him and that im on the website all the time but i know that this is my love and sometimes i really dont know how to shut up lol.. I was looking to add people that might be from arkansas to get some local keepers to interact but i wonder if i am the only one :)
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote