Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #1 
a123andpoof

Look what I got for $5!!!

So was out garage saling at a city wide garage sale on Friday. Most sales started Wed and were having 50% off all their stuff. this keeper was originally $10 but I got it for $5 with all the decor and rocks! I originally thought it was a 3 gallon, but upon comparing it to my 5g I am thinking it is 5g! I haven't decided who will be getting this tank yet. It is between Aki, Arashi and Kinzoku. Not sure if I will be using the decor it came with or starting over. I will keep everything just not sure it will stay in this tank. Anyways I think I got a pretty good deal and cannot wait to stock it. But I promised my mom I wouldn't do it until we moved.
I would like to make this a NPT (trying to make most of my tanks this way) but I am not sure how to give it good light any suggestions?

a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #2 
littlemermaid

Sweet deal!! I always search my local flea market for tanks and fish supplies, hopefully tomorrow I can grab a good dea.l I saw some halfmoons at Petsmart today that really need to come home with me they are gorgeous. Enjoy the new tank :)
littlemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Awesome! I wish I could find deals like that around here. :P
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #4 
mattoboy

Looks sweet!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #5 
MistersMom

LOL
i love garage sale-ing for that exact reason, i got my 10 gallon with a hood ,light , filter , and gravel, all for 15 $
you may look on Ebay for a hood of the measurements on your critter keeper... i have kritter keeper like it, except mines 2.5 gallons, and I've always wanted a hood for it.... with a nice light, you might check and see if your 5 gallon hood fits on it, if so,look for another on Amazon or Ebay or Craigslist.... or a flea market lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #6 
a123andpoof

I have found some good deals on tanks before, but I have been looking for a 5g so I am super excited to have found one. And my 5g is longer that this, this one is taller and about an inch shorter length wise. I may see if I can find a 10g hood and use that if I can't find anything else. I wonder if putting it in front of a window would help?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 
PaintingPintos

What a great deal!!! My mom makes lots of money by selling stuff at fleamarkets, and today she got ME something at the place she was selling....3 pretty plastic plants for Omelette! I'm so happy......The woman who was selling just gave them to her, she didn't want them.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #8 
a123andpoof

nice! I went to a church sale and got a large cave for 75 cents. Its super nice. The place I got this had a few other tanks a couple 1gs and a 10g. The girl who owned them was also a betta person. The 10g had a heater and I was so tempted to offer like a buck or two just for the heater, and few more dollars for all the ornaments in the tanks lol but I controlled myself knowing I had themes in mind for my next tanks lol
Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #9 
MistersMom

you never know! some of that stuff could have come in dandy for a theme lol.
my tanks have themes.... sometimes... lol.
and WOW i wish i could find deals like you guys!
i go to college in 2 years thoguh and i have NO clue what im going to do with my bettas!!! i guess ill divide my 20 gal into 5 sections? idk
but thats why stopped buying stuff lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #10 
Cargo

If you can measure it, you can input the measurements at www.aqadvisor.com and it will tell you its volume in gallons.
Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote