Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #51 
Luimeril

i doubt her boyfriend got it from China. you're not allowed to carry live animals with you on the plane. 8I

either way, you could report the girl. that's more inhumane than many of the 'kits' they sell for small animals...
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #52 
megaredize

thats frustrating because you cant even argue with people like, they just dont care or want to care. I just got my second betta two days ago and when i was at my LFS i asked when they got them in and the lady was like Friday because all the previous stock of betta were bought for a wedding and i just shook my head and replied with a sarcastic "really!?" They are not ornaments. Even before i got into fish keeping i would never think of putting fish in little jars for center pieces! its disgusting.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #53 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i doubt her boyfriend got it from China. you're not allowed to carry live animals with you on the plane. 8I

either way, you could report the girl. that's more inhumane than many of the 'kits' they sell for small animals...
I agree with this. If they are illegal to sell then it's most likely illegal for her to have :/

Also, true about the plane part. Especially with species from another country.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #54 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
thats frustrating because you cant even argue with people like, they just dont care or want to care.
this is a very good point to remember. Some folks are willfully ignorant of the suffering, and you will not change them.
Still, I think most folks just don't have the right information and will happily correct a bad situation if given advice in a friendly manner. I work at a LPS and the owners do have some 10 ounce betta bowls on the shelves. When someone asks about them, I put it next to the betta's cup and show them that it holds less than half the water of the plastic cup the fish is currently in. It surprises people, and then I'm able to steer them towards more appropriate, affordable tanks and large bowls (we have 2 gallon bowls). The manager is also phasing out the tiny bowls and ordering small affordable tanks with filters and hoods to encourage people to provide a more comfortable home for their new fish.

Last edited by Ramble; 06-11-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Spelling...
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #55 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Its terrible when people say they are just a decoration for a week i did keep 2 bettas in one of those dividable half gallon tank just to introduce male to female.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #56 
PaintedOaksOki

With those keychain things... What are you going to do when you have dead turtle hanging off your back pack? :/ Yum...
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote