Green Water Dragons 0 0%
Dwarf Syno Catfish 2 6.90%
Mudskippers 7 24.14%
Green Salamander 2 6.90%
Other 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 AM   #11 
Fabian

I heard leopard geckos are the easiest geckos to breed.I am not sure if they fetch a good price because they are hard to find in my city.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Here they cost...um....45.00 in this store... other stores about 25-35 I think. I'd have to scout around =D

OMG my roomie and I are going to BIG AL'S whenever we can!!!! =D He deals more in reptiles and amphibians, and I deal with fish xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #13 
emeraldsky

Axolotls are pretty easy to breed from what I've heard and really popular.

I vote for P. Watl, Spanish Ribbed Newts. I find them fantastically ugly/adorable and want one so bad XD So I suppose I'm slightly biased.

My vote goes to Axolotl as well then.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #14 
Erin908

I have experience with breeding axolotls. (in fact, mine is up for stud at the moment) My first spawn was an "oops" spawn. We had no idea that the guy we got them from DID NOT give us two girls, but a boy and a girl instead. They are super rewarding to breed and fun to raise but they have their challenges. My advice is DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! You will be super grateful you did. If you have any questions about breeding axxies please feel free to PM me and I will answers them to the best of my knowledge. (That includes everyone)
Erin908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Awesome, Erin =D axolotls are not common here, and they would turn heads. especially when the little guys are 80.00 in town! lower price, better sales. Of course, homework before the projects :p for anything, really.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #16 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Don't you have to house the babies separate or they can eat each other? Not sure at what point. Saw an axie breeder with 7363738 tiny kritter keepers for each baby.
Each animal has it's downfalls. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

xD well, kritter keepers it is LOL. They probably could be territorial - I mean, most males are against each other of most species!!

-reading up on it- Apparently for beginners, a large amount of eggs can result in being overwhelmed, and most if not all of the larvae dying... best to give a good amount away. Makes sense =D But... I have two people on my team MWAHAHA (roomie xD) 24-72 hours after they hatch, feed them... And unlike betta fry MUST HAVE ONLY LIVE FOODS o.o Daphnia for youngin's, and hold off microworms untill they start getting their front legs Oh, and BBS for youngin's as well... (I'll be getting fairy shrimp.)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #18 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Isn't that weird... No micro worms until they have front legs.. And how too many micro worms may cause no ventrals in betta.. What is in those things!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #19 
Sena Hansler

well apparently for axolotls, they are not as nutritious as daphnia, brine shrimp/fairy shrimp o_O who knew?!

Oh, the "attack each other" part...the bigger ones become cannibals because they snap at anything that moves....like their smaller siblings. So dividing them into small numbers in tubs/containers is a good idea... And it changes the look of their head and teeth! When they are one inch... the person personally does "maximum of 25 larvae per 45x20x25 cm" which makes sense... and feed them thawed frozen bloodworms =D Keep them at 22 degrees celsius (yay! canadian! baha) which is about room temperature. And at 10 days old, fast growth, they are an inch. Wow. They grow faster than bettas :p
Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's good!
And yea that's a huge plus that they won't need heaters for every little guy.
Posted via Mobile Device