Green Water Dragons 0 0%
Dwarf Syno Catfish 2 6.90%
Mudskippers 7 24.14%
Green Salamander 2 6.90%
Other 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #31 
Sena Hansler

Can I point out, I already noted I would be doing research BEFORE BUYING ANY ANIMAL. Plus, they aren't "just for breeding, that's just cruel." How do you think most of these creatures exist? They spontaneously evolved into wonderous colors, tail types, sizes, without the intervention of people? Yes, and no. And a post is right... It wouldn't be a money sink as bettas, for me. Something to do, I can get information from my roommate who has a LOT of experience, and can guide me with certain animals.

This poll was mainly to see WHAT people would be most interested in buying, especially if it were near them, or more available to them. I would not obviously breed something that would be WAY out of my range, but once you get started with breeding, you start to gain back what you put in, a little at a time. This isn't some get rich scheme, if you believe it is. I'm not stupid. I don't believe in those bogus, stupid get rich schemes that everyone boasts about.

Please note, I do not want to have my thread turn into a heated argument. Everyone has their opinion, their ideas, and their plans.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #32 
Wolfie305

Breed axolotls so I can buy one from you xD
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #33 
Sena Hansler

lol!!!

side note: Of course I'd have to own them before breeding them xD I wouldn't feel comfortable. Wouldn't know them at all, their traits and personalities included. I didn;t dive into betta breeding, like some people I've seen done. I may own a budgie, and guineas, but refuse to breed either (for many, MANY good reasons). =D NO I don't know what I am doing yet, but I will make sure I do

And plus, if I go with axolotls, we only ever see them here maybe up to 5 times a year. VERY rare here, and VERY expensive (80.00 for a wholesaler bred one MINIMUM), and I would definitely own them first, if only just because I could own them =D even if I don't end up breeding on purpose. Apparently they tend to breed when you don't expect it, more than when you ready for it LOL. Silly critters.

Yes these people on here "are not the one buying" but to me their opinions DO matter. I'm not going to single out 10 random people in this dinky town, for opinions. I already know what is rare... and what is rare, is what I posted on the poll (other than some of the larger fish like sharks, piranhas, etc)
Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #34 
dramaqueen
Banned

The poll was so you could get an idea of what people like most. Like you're going to breed everything on your poll. Breed them all, Sena!! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #35 
Sena Hansler

xD Sure!!! Maybe cross breed? An axolecko. o_O (omfg that would scare the buh-jeezus out of me.)

.... ha. that would be the ugliest animal xDDD

wow @.@ anywho,... I will say people here love hamsters and birds... they can bloody well get them elsewhere those are critters I won't breed perhaps conures, in the very, very far future. But unlikely.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #36 
dramaqueen
Banned

Axolecko! Lmao. That would be quite an interesting animal.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #37 
Sena Hansler

Alrighty, because alberta isn't really.... good with vocalizing what you can and cannot own, axolotls are out of the mix. I asked my roomie about them, and he noted for some reason last year they have been made illegal to own in alberta (how I loathe you, alberta -.-), HOWEVER there is one like... the sirens, which are a MUCH larger version of the axolotls, legal, aaaaand that's the only info I could find

However I asked him to ask why axolotls are illegal, I would like to know. I mean, rats are thought of as pests so that is a little more obvious why, but axolotls were here, no problems, and suddenly banned....?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #38 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Weird! O-O
I couldn't find anything except that tons of people keep them in Alberta anyways. As a whole in Canada you can own them, must be an Alberta thing. But you said pet shops have them!
I totally would have bought one too, I'm even in Canada! ;-;
Also, siren (some species have front legs some don't). If you attack it in any way it let's out an ear shattering scream.
http://www.nwrc.usgs.gov/sc_armi/salamanders/images/Siren_intermedia_large.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 06-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #39 
Sena Hansler

yes xD I know... Hence it's name, the Siren (there's your folklore ) but, they are the only ones like axolotls. I wanna contact them and ask why axolotls were made illegal... it's news to me! They do a terrible job of broadcasting new "illegal" stuff.

But, nothing is set in stone for breeding, it's just a "hmm what about this?" and such
Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #40 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea.. This is why I like Ontario, there's like, no restrictions on animals. Except pit bulls. o-o
Btw, don't bother with water dragons of anything on this list. :p
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote