Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #1 
Bettaluver4evr

Heyy... 2 new bettas... >_<

Lord help me. Today was my brothers wedding, and his table centerpieces were exactly what I was going to do at my wedding - betta vases. No plants in these, just seashells. Most of the fish weren't in very good condition. They had floating candles in their vases and real dead starfish and the like. I asked and I was told that I could take home a couple. I now have 5 betta fish, a new high record. It would be six except I gave squirt to my brother.
The first fish is a male veiltail, I'm thinking grizzle multi. Very handsome boy, he was in the best shape. He is in the betta bow with a divider in, I'll try to get something bigger evenutally but this is going to be his situation for quite a while. :/ But it's better than the dreadful vases!
Second is a veiltail "female". She's huge and everything except the tiny egg spot and fin length screams male. I'm not entirely sure on her. But I think she's super pretty. Glad I took her home, someone was going to put her in with one of the other male bettas. :/ She is still in her vase but I took out everything except 2 shells. Rinsed thorougly. I estimate that it is close to 1 gallon.
I need name ideas.
Attached Images

Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #2 
mattoboy

Pretty fish!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #3 
a123andpoof

Both are very pretty. I agree with the female though I must say she is one manly looking girl pretty none the less though lol Could she/he be a young HM? Some young males have egg spots. Try and get a pic flaring.
If I went to a wedding that had bettas in vases I would have a hard time not taking every single one home and then putting them on here for adoption. Some people.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

I really should have but I couldn't, there were about 70 people between 9 tables, each with a betta. So that's 9 bettas with 70 potential homes. I'm so blessed that I took home 2. The drunk grooms party put 2 in a cup and started taking bets. After 2 minutes of the poor extremely stressed fish not doing one thing, they stopped. I was screaming and SOBBING and no one stopped them. When I started praying that the fish wouldn't fight, they took them out. Pretty miraculous. Neither fish was injured (I Checked) and they both went to hopefully good homes.
She is manly. It's kind of funny. :)
Does anyone have any name ideas?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #5 
fleetfish

Call her Bruce or Stuart or George or Ted. Something manly ;)

So glad you saved these poor fishies. I have yet to see wedding bettas and hope I never do.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

I'm going to go with something less manly I think. :) A girls a girl, even if it's a manly girl. Kinda. LOL. >_<
Both are doing very well, but my halfmoon keeps flaring at the pretty VT boy and I'm very concerned he will blow a fin. I might put the VT boy back in his vase (minus the shells) so he won't do that.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #7 
Thomasdog

l would call her Stanley! Could be a boy/girl name, its feminine/manly! LOL Stanleyyyyyyy, foooood!
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #8 
Timberland

Pretty! so glad you were able to bring them home. So sad to hear ppl are stupid enough to try and get them to fight. I wouldve jumped in there like a mad raging woman. LOL That wouldve been a site!!
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #9 
Knitterly

I'm hoping to snag a green female for my up-coming sorority. glad you got two!!!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

Stanley LOL well that's adorable. I'm considering it. :P thank you!
I know it was killing me, I was screaming and sobbing but i couldn't do anything. At least the fish weren't hurt!
Knitterly - good luck on finding one! :) and I'm soooo glad I took home two!