Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #1 
MobileDiva

Help! My betta has white spots

Hi everyone, I'm new to this but seem to be having the same problem as jriley... which is how I found this site.... In hope to get answers to help one of my rescued bettas, a beautiful orange & red one!
The day after rescuing him, & changing his filthy bowl I noticed this patch came on him (in 2 places)... On the tail & one at the base of the top fin, after vigorously attending to him & the others (4 in total) I treated the water with a all in one treatment that covers fin rot as well as the ick, but the one spot on the tail remains... The other one not quite as noticeable (they sometimes has an irredescent appearance to it!)... even the edges of his fins.
Please if anyone can help... I already had 4 bettas of my own but I couldn't stand to see them in such conditions...wouldn't want anything to happen to him after this long struggle
MobileDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

May need a picture... Are they grains of salt spots? fuzzy patches? or just iridescent and only seen now and then in certain lights?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #3 
MobileDiva

How do I post a pic?
It's a white patch which to me seems flat at times & sometimes a little fuzzy... Just a little! But the vein of his fins have changed to the same white irredescent nature as well... Which he didn't have before when I rescued him.

Last edited by MobileDiva; 06-05-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: New to this site... Sent before ready
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Go to "go advanced", then "manage attachments" find the photo you want, add and "upload"
Old 06-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #5 
MobileDiva

Help! My betta has white spots

Thank you for that info., hopefully these pics come out good enough to see the issues I'm talking about. As you can see that spot goes competely through to the other side
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #6 
MobileDiva

They were in such bad shape when I resuced them... his head appeared swollen & his fins were flat with no drape to them (flat like a potato chip & rigid) after weeks of clean water & treatments his fins began to grow & drape but that spot worries me... I first thought it was stress related after coming out of such filthy conditions, but now I don't know!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Okay.... is it a HOLE or an actual patch? if it is a patch, you should get some fungal meds and use them as directed on the package. If it says use for 3 days, you can use for a week...

He's a dalmation veiltail, and that spot definitely isn't marbling...
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #8 
MobileDiva

It is a patch, but as it shows hopefully it is on both sides almost in the same area... thanks for the help, I will go get fungal meds. & pray he survives this ordeal... thanks for the identification of his species as well!
I got a veitamese veil tail (I think!!!) in the group that he was in & he seems to be curved in his body... do you think that is hereditary, disease or because of the cramped conditions he was in?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #9 
sunlight

hey guys :) Why not aquarium salt?
Also if it fungus it contagious make sure you don't share anything between your other betta
Also don’t make water too warm as fungus will get worse -76* is good.
It so nice you are rescued him, I hope he will get better.

EDIT: What brand is good for fungus?
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #10 
MobileDiva

Thanks Sunlight...
That's a good question about what brand is good for fungus as I've never had to deal with anything of this sort...
all of my bettas have thrived since I purchased them... never thought I would come across this situation, but I'm glad to have rescued them!