Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #11 
lelei

If your tank is 1 1/2 gal u may not need filter..just reg water changes..2-3x a week:) that is kinda small for a filter..unless a spongey one..I have a 3 gal and do not have a (real) filter, came with an undergravel filter..but I clean weekly with gravel vaccumming, up to 85 % water changes..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #12 
BarefootPixie

Update! Bentley is feeling much better now- I couldn't find any of the foods mentioned at Petsmart (shocker) so I'll probably get them online. My daphnia are big now though, so I've been feeding them to him a couple times a week. He's more active and his color's back! Here's a video I took of him hunting his daphnia. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hyNl...ature=youtu.be
BarefootPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #13 
BarefootPixie

Ok... Bentley seemed to be getting better, but now he's even worse than before. Water parameters and everything are still the same as on the questionnaire. I started feeding him the live daphnia in addition to the bloodworms. I haven't gotten the new pellets yet, but I will soon. Now he has absolutely no interest in any of his food (even the live food), mirrors, toys, me, or anything else. He just sits and doesn't move, and the only way I know he's alive is that he swims away when I touch him. His color's starting to fade again too. Someone please help me, I don't know what to do and I don't want to lose Bentley!
Old 06-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #14 
Bladezero

Where is the live daphnia from?

Can you add a picture?

I don't think it's boredom. I subscribed to this thread so I'll replay asap when you add more info :)
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #15 
BarefootPixie

I grew the daphnia myself, from eggs I mail-ordered. They eat yeast and green water that I also grew myself, in a vase that I sterilized with peroxide and non-chlorinated water. a picture of Bentley is below, the light is a little bad because I took it with my phone. (the water's not green, that's just the light reflecting off my green wall. ^^;)
Old 06-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #16 
lelei

Does he come to the top, (surface) for air?? if not lower the water level, or get him in a hospital tank, with low water so he can breath..then Update us ok:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #17 
BarefootPixie

He does come up for air, or he hangs out on one of the leaves closer to the top of the tank. He was hanging out near the surface behind the filter for a while before I took the photo, but I couldn't get a pic from there so I touched him to make him move. Unfortunately the main water pipeline to my house is broken, so unless I can find a jug of drinking water somewhere a hospital tank can't really happen until tomorrow at the earliest as I have no water. D:
Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #18 
BarefootPixie

I found some water bottles in the garage. Letting them cool, because it's like 100 degrees in there. >_<
Old 06-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #19 
BarefootPixie

Bladezero- Please please please tell me you don't think it's TB. D: I heard fish can get it from unclean live food.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #20 
Bladezero

I'm 99.9% sure its not TB :) It's uncommon and usually there are more symptoms and it advances very fast once hit.

I'm actually thinking maybe internal parasites, He looks really thin.. For how long he wasn't eating? He looks like 1.5 weeks without food.
What is the patch on his head? Try using a flash light on him if its not his natural coloration might be velvet.
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, bored, depressed