Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #1 
dbooknook

Ugh, hamster!

Okay, so my brother has a chinese dwarf hamster and wanted to hold it. We just got it at Petsmart like two days ago. So when I tried to get it out of it's little home, the hamster jumped out of my hand and went under the couch. After thirty minutes of try-to-catch-the-freaked-out-hamster, I finally caught the little thing(with help from my dad and brother) and decided it would be another week before any handling.
Do you have any pet stories featuring pets that annoyed you?
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

My little brother's chameleon went missing one year only to turn up on my dinner plate at Thanksgiving. I went to scoop up some mashed potatoes and there it was. So I let out a scream which got every woman at the table jumping up and screaming too.

Needless to say, the chameleon ran off and my mother found him 5 or 6 days later when she went to change the sheets on my brother's bed. It had crawled down to the end of the mattress where the sheets were tucked in. He didn't make it out alive :(
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

I had a cat name Hiei who was my whole world.

Every morning when I went to take a shower he would wait around the corner of the bathroom door, and then when I walked out with a towel and bare legs, he would attack, take the towel, and run.

Could never close the bathroom door since he would cry and act as if the world was about to end -.-
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #4 
AquaNinJa

One time my friend Kerryanne was sleeping over and she was in my shower, and I was out of my room feeding my kitties, and I accidentally left my hamster Woody's cage open. So he got out of his cage and snuck into the bathroom when Kerry was taking a shower when she got out she screamed and well I found Woody.
AquaNinJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #5 
thekinetic

When we first got our dog Sadie we put up gates made of masonite and put her in the kitchen while we were gone because we didn't know what she would do. Well the first time we did that we came home to find she gnawed through the 1/4 inch masonite gates lifted them up and was laying on the couch. X3

Yeah message recieved doggy you don't like being locked up! :3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #6 
xShainax

Sammy meows at the bathroom door and scratches it.
Sadie hates being touched unless she wants us to
Shiloh doesn't eat unless hand fed
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #7 
Aus

Quote:
My little brother's chameleon went missing one year only to turn up on my dinner plate at Thanksgiving. I went to scoop up some mashed potatoes and there it was.
There's my morning coffee gone - mostly out my nose. Thanks!

I had this horse who was just... honestly awful. My friends called him 'Hunnert' and wouldn't tell me why. After he was gone, they told me it was short for 'hunnert cans of Pal' (100 cans of dog food..). He bullied other horses, stood on the washing hoses, pushed people over, reared, bit, kicked and .. yeah. I had Olympic-level riders refuse to set foot near him. One told me to have him put down, and really - I had to think about it. He wasn't actually safe.

So then I had an old bush rider (Man From Snowy River type) come to look at him. This man got on that horse with no saddle or bridle and rode him around, over a jump.. the horse was a perfect gentleman. So the man asked me, "What's wrong with him again?" I just had my mouth open. So then he called his son out of the truck. This child was 12. I refused to let him ride my dangerous horse. So when I wasn't looking, the kid vaulted on and took my horse for a gallop over logs and down the field, through a cross country course, no saddle. No bridle. At this point, I was having a major conniption.

So they bought him. Apparently, he was 100% okay with men.. but hated women, without exception. And everyone I knew who rode at the time was female, so I never noticed..

I also had a cat who liked to jump in stranger's cars. Several times, we saw him being driven away in a neighbour's car, the car stopping, the cat shooe'd out. He also broke into places, people's houses, and slept on their pillows. A doctor's office once.. we had to go and get him . And he beat up dogs. Had illicit affairs with our housemate's football socks.. But he was a charmer, so we always forgave him. =P
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #8 
Thomasdog

My rat, Socks, got hungry and ate 5 pages of paper with my artwork on it... :( AFTER she got fed!!!! (socks- "yum! dessert!!")

my old pony, Esprit, used to nicker when I called her name... :*( I miss her. I taught her to bow, and one day she started randomlly bowing and my trainer was all like "AGGGGJHJJJJJJJHHHHH!!!" Her face was PRICELESS!!
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #9 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
There's my morning coffee gone - mostly out my nose. Thanks!

I had this horse who was just... honestly awful. My friends called him 'Hunnert' and wouldn't tell me why. After he was gone, they told me it was short for 'hunnert cans of Pal' (100 cans of dog food..). He bullied other horses, stood on the washing hoses, pushed people over, reared, bit, kicked and .. yeah. I had Olympic-level riders refuse to set foot near him. One told me to have him put down, and really - I had to think about it. He wasn't actually safe.

So then I had an old bush rider (Man From Snowy River type) come to look at him. This man got on that horse with no saddle or bridle and rode him around, over a jump.. the horse was a perfect gentleman. So the man asked me, "What's wrong with him again?" I just had my mouth open. So then he called his son out of the truck. This child was 12. I refused to let him ride my dangerous horse. So when I wasn't looking, the kid vaulted on and took my horse for a gallop over logs and down the field, through a cross country course, no saddle. No bridle. At this point, I was having a major conniption.

So they bought him. Apparently, he was 100% okay with men.. but hated women, without exception. And everyone I knew who rode at the time was female, so I never noticed..

I also had a cat who liked to jump in stranger's cars. Several times, we saw him being driven away in a neighbour's car, the car stopping, the cat shooe'd out. He also broke into places, people's houses, and slept on their pillows. A doctor's office once.. we had to go and get him . And he beat up dogs. Had illicit affairs with our housemate's football socks.. But he was a charmer, so we always forgave him. =P
xD Doctor's office
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #10 
Erin908

My cat, Boris, would jump onto the gerbil cage at about 4am and wake up the gerbils (named Sid and Johnny). The gerbils did not like being awakened at this hour so they nibbled Boris's feet which drove him to the edge of insanity. Sid (the more hyper one) enjoyed this so much that he would perk up whenever Boris came into the room. R.I.P Sid and Johnny. You both brought much silliness into my life.
Erin908 is offline   Reply With Quote