Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #21 
Enkil

Yeah. So instead. here is what I have planned for right now. Keep in mind, anything but the first two is really tentative right now.

Spawn 1:
Eva x Odin. Dragon HMs. Both carry the PK gene. Odin is a black dragon with complete dragon scaling. Eva is a black marble dragon with "racing stripe". If Odin does not work out, I will be trying their brother Leonidas (black dragon HM with red wash).

Spawn 2:
Uther x Unnamed. Uther is a giant HMPK. Black with a yellow and black marbled face. She is a bright orange HMPK. Not a giant, but she is quite large.

Spawn 3:
Sholto x Unnamed. He is a black marble HMDbT with his fins having some cellophane coloring. She is a true blue HMPK. She has no iridescence. He has been shifting his color. Now he has more black and has developed some blue iridescence.

Spawn 4:
Frost x Unnamed. He is a HMPK and good father. She is an orange dragon HMPK. He is a marble.

Just so you can kind of see how he has changed, I am including a picture of Sholto that I took today. Frost has also changed his looks a bit. I will try to get a new picture of him tomorrow. Will attach one of him from just the other day.
Attached Images

Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #22 
Enkil

Eva is not looking so well. She doesn't seem to be taking conditioning well. :/ She looks eggy. Is now not as active and doesn't want to eat as much. The only thing I don't have on hand is fry food. So, I am thinking about ordering that this Friday. In the meantime, I do have Eva cupped and floating just incase she is sick and not just reacting badly to being conditioned. I am keeping an eye on her.

In other news, all my other females look eggy and happy. They are loving the high protein foods. Especially mosquito larva. My CTs are full of eggs. Been keeping an eye out for a nice male. My orange HMPK female seems very ready.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #23 
tpocicat

I'm sorry Eva isn't feeling well, however everything else sounds like it's going really well. Best of luck.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #24 
indjo
TFK Moderator

If Eva is refusing mosquito larva, she is definitely sick..... careful.
Good luck with the others.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #25 
Enkil

Eva is still with me, but doesn't look well. Not sure she will last much longer. I have been trying everything.

Revisions to my plans:

Spawn 1: Dragon HMs
One of the sisters (Lolth, Freydis, or Eva) with one of the brothers (Leonidas, Egil, or Odin). They are all from DarkMoon and have lovely form. They also carry the PK gene. Lolth is a copper marble dragon, Freydis a black dragon, and Eva a black marble dragon. Leo is a black dragon with red wash, Egil is a red dragon, and Odin is a black dragon with complete dragon scaling.

Spawn 2: Uther x Unnamed
Both are HMPK with Uther being a giant and the unnamed female being large. Uther is black with his face being a marble of black and yellow. The female is a bright orange. She has nice sharp edges and a perfect 180 degree span. I will try to get better pictures of both. Uther does not really flare.

Spawn 3: HMPKs
I got this pair today. I am waiting for them to settle in before getting good pictures of them. They are marbles.

Spawn 4: Frost x Unnamed
HMPKs. Frost is said to be a good father. He builds large, well constructed bubble nests. The female is an orange dragon.

Spawn 5: Sholto x Unnamed
Sholto is a double tail HM male. When I got him, he appeared to be a dalmatian. He has transformed quite a bit since then! He is now mostly black with blue iridescence and cellophane marbled into his fins. The female is a true blue, no iridesence, HMPK. I may then breed one of the the females back to Sholto.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Any idea what is wrong with Eva?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #27 
Enkil

None at all. I wish I knew. I have isolated her, of course. None of my other females are ill. The only thing that I can think of is that she may have had an altercation with one of the larger females and gotten internal injuries. I keep a very close eye on my sorority, but we all have to sleep. It is the only thing that I can think of really. The rest look great and eat like piggies. I am doing all that I can for little Eva and am hoping she pulls through this. She has held on so far.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Poor thing!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #29 
Enkil

She isn't as listless as she was yesterday. She is keeping herself upright today. Yesterday she was mostly on her side. She is also zipping for air again. This is part of her natural personality. She has always acted like a torpedo going to the surface.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #30 
tpocicat

I hope she pulls through! *sends healing thoughts to Eva*
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote