Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #1 
True Indigo

Need a Name for a Tiny Crowntail

So this crowntail, despite having not-so-perfect water, has survived the most out of any other fish I've seen stay at my local store for a long amount of time. I mean months staying in that cup. He's survived even hardy plakats that I thought would out last him. He's not very colorful, it's very pale, unimpressive in terms of his fin length, and he's a runt. He should be full grown but he's about half the size of normal bettas his age.

He's very quiet and calm. He doesn't mind the fish or shrimp in his new tank and swims as if they were just part of the background (I panicked when I had dropped a neon tetra in his cup because he was the last to be added and he looked at the neon tetra and just swam around it and then ignored it quickly. He doesn't mind in the least bit.

The thing is, I'm having a hard time figuring a name for him. I want something that will have to do with his quiet nature. He's a pale color (haven't had a chance to get a good picture of him) with silvers, creams, deep magenta (almost like a salamander except he's a marble).

His coloration is very similar to this:

I'm having a hard time finding a name for him and am up for suggestions. Words that come to mind when looking at him are: small, little, whisper, quiet, ghost, silent, gentle, timid, calm.

Any help is appreciated. If you guys want to suggest names or sites to look for names, I'm all up for it. I just don't want to keep calling him something that's not definite.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #2 
headerthebettalover

this site has a lot of fish names. hope this helps!

http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namel.../namesfish.htm
headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #3 
ZubinBetta

How about "Atticus Fish," after Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird? As I recall, Atticus in the book/movie was a gentle, thoughtful and humane character. A quiet hero, as it were.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4 
lvandert

How about Winterfell? From the Game of Thrones? Kept in poor conditions and battered but still kicking it :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #5 
ZackyBear

Samurai :D

...Jack <w< Bahaha JK Just Samurai sounds interesting~
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #6 
Shadyr

I named my one with that coloration Ghost. And it turned out he was a marble, and is now mostly blue and purple >.> I'm thinking mine needs a new name.

But a ephemeral looking tough nut like that...Morpheus?
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 
MollyJean

Winterfell burned :(

I really like samuri jack
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

How about Meek or tiny Tim, i bet he is adorable !
I have a blue CT named Perseus that my daughter got me for Mothers Day I love him so much and he is little too I think maybe he is just a young guy seems to have grown abit, he eats very well loves his pellets and bloodworms. I just got the Life Spectrum Betta food it cost more but worth it and it smells fishy unlike the other pellents I have tried which have no smell so it must taste better for him and its very tiny pellets so the small mouths have no trouble eating it. Best of luck to you and your little guy !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #9 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
I named my one with that coloration Ghost. And it turned out he was a marble, and is now mostly blue and purple >.> I'm thinking mine needs a new name.

But a ephemeral looking tough nut like that...Morpheus?
that face is certainly a "Morpheus"
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #10 
True Indigo

Hmm. I'm kind of liking the idea of Morpheus. Still not sure, but definitely considering it. Thank you again, everyone. I'll try to see if I can get a picture of him soon.

Also, funny thing about him.

He has tetras in his tanks and swims WITH them. He never attacks them and they almost always crowd around him like he's the leader. He refuses to eat anything except flake food too.
True Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote