Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #1 
Thomasdog

Talking Spawn Log - Red HM Male x Red Cambodian HM Female

HELLLLOOOO!!!!
I don't know if you read my previous question thread, but now that they are spawning I decided to go all offical-like and do a spawn log!
I got the male, Defender of the Halfmoon Bay (Sparta) from Nicebettas in Thailand. The female is Here Comes the Sun (Sunny) by Chard56. I put them in 2 days ago at exactly 6:09. At first, Sunny was SUPER mean, but did not bite, just a plain old meanie. So Sparta escaped and I separated them. Then I put them back together the next day (Wed) in hopes they would work it out. And they have! So far, no embracing, but there is no more angry flaring, just flirting and Sparta building a HUGE bubblenest. Sunny joins him under the nest briefly and they just brush sides quickly. Then he does a happy dance underneath the nest. Ms. Sunny, being a girl and all, ignores him and swims away. I don't know how long they have been doing this, but I am happy to think that they might (finally) be spawning.

This is my first spawn and, yes, I have made mistakes. Thanks to ALL who have advised me on what I can do to make my spawn a success. Now it is up to my beauties!
Below are pics of the tank and them! So guys, I ask, please, please, please, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sparta:

Sunny

Spawn Tank:
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #2 
Mo

That is an amazing pair. I hoeo it works out well with your spawn... And doesn't end up like my first one, lol
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #3 
Thomasdog

:((( I don't think they are going to spawn :((((:(((:((( Taking them out and leaving them alone for 2 weeks, then reconditioning for two weeks, then trying again. Hopefully Sparta will be a little more mature next time. I think I also made the mistake of not putting them in a NEW spawn tank. Sparta had already been living in there. But I'll use this thread to track the progresss....... :********(
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 
Timberland

awesome pair! I hope next time around works out better for you. Do try a different tank that isnt his. good luck!
Timberland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #5 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
:((( I don't think they are going to spawn :((((:(((:((( Taking them out and leaving them alone for 2 weeks, then reconditioning for two weeks, then trying again. Hopefully Sparta will be a little more mature next time. I think I also made the mistake of not putting them in a NEW spawn tank. Sparta had already been living in there. But I'll use this thread to track the progresss....... :********(
What happened? They sounded like a perfect pair in your first post.

In case you don't know; first time breeders (female) usually need a longer courtship period. Usually it could take 3 days - some may even take 1 week (my longest). As long as they're showing the right signs and the female isn't getting beaten too badly, let nature take its course.

Hope they get it right next time.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #6 
Thomasdog

Today is day 5, they are interstied, but Sparta let the bubble nest go... She still flares at him... I'll take them out around 5, but if they are still showing interist i'll leave them in longer. There is beatingup.... just flaring and ignoring. I'll watch them and keep you posted. .. Thanks for all the advice, I'm losing hope... :(