Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #101 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
rubbing around your nose, like giving the piece sign and running your fingers down each side, or rubbing on the bone behind my ears helps with my migranes, i have migranes almost every day of the month i had to take 4 IBprofen to make a dent !
I've tried all of that. Rubbing temples, rubbing around the sinuses, heck even rubbing certain parts of the hand to help "relieve migraines" my bf, bless his heart, has the spots memorized to attempt to help but most of the times it doesnt. I'd take IBprofen to attempt to make a dent but i'd end up over dosing before it helped... I've tried that route (I'm only like 140 lbs)
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #102 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
I've tried all of that. Rubbing temples, rubbing around the sinuses, heck even rubbing certain parts of the hand to help "relieve migraines" my bf, bless his heart, has the spots memorized to attempt to help but most of the times it doesnt. I'd take IBprofen to attempt to make a dent but i'd end up over dosing before it helped... I've tried that route (I'm only like 140 lbs)

im about 200lbs lol working on loosing weight, honestly tho, its mainly muscle i wont lie. im chubbish but i dont look 200 lol. just to clarify.
but yeah you can go to the Dr and he can give you a shot for chronic migranes , a friend of mine did and they say it helped alot...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #103 
lvandert

I would love too! but my parents are super touchy about doctors. and I'm technically still on their insurance so they kinda get to say when I can go and when I can't. They like me to "just wait a few days and see what happens" I wish I could blame it on them being hippies (they kinda are lol) but its more just them not wanting me to waste insurance money on pointless appointments...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #104 
djembekah

i tried not using anything to wash it with. got worse :/
i've been using regular bar soap lately.i know that's not really the best idea, but i'm desperate to dry my face skin out >.<

on another note, maybe unrelated to my skin type, my nose piercing is healing fabulously.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #105 
Sakura8

I use a mailorder product from Japan called DHC. One year they sent a free catalog with a full travel size kit of their best sellers and I've been using their things ever since. The products aren't as cheap as drugstore cleansers but they're a lot cheaper than department store (Lancome, Clinique etc).

www.dhccare.com
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #106 
MistersMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
i tried not using anything to wash it with. got worse :/
i've been using regular bar soap lately.i know that's not really the best idea, but i'm desperate to dry my face skin out >.<

on another note, maybe unrelated to my skin type, my nose piercing is healing fabulously.
LOL. and actually bar soap is so far the only thing that works for me tbh.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #107 
Sakura8

Bekah, you actually don't want to dry your skin out because that just makes it oilier. I know it sounds counterintuitive but you want to keep it moisturized with a light moisturizer that doesn't clog pores.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #108 
xShainax

I am a hippie and never use make up lol
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #109 
Leeniex

Yes, moisturizer will keep your face from getting too oily. Avon makes a stuff called Magix skin perfecter that keeps my oily forehead matte all day.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #110 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Those other two places, lol. -__-
Clinical strength deodorant? I have to try that. ><
Posted via Mobile Device
This page is what I'm talking about. http://www.secret.com/deodorant
I'm not saying anything Secret makes is bad. It just bugs me when they advertize it like some type of cure. I'm far from the only woman in this thread who sweats because I'm Healthy.

I use Michum for Women. http://www.mitchum.com/Products.aspx

But the really wierd thing about my body is that I don't smell much. I sweat bullets when I'm hot but I don't stink up a room. It's like I'm all water and no bacteria.

Oh, this is a bit of a tangent, but if Bekah hasn't tried it already when I was in high school ProActive worked for my acne. I still got some break outs, especially around my period, but it did control it a bit. Unfortunately they changed their formula recently so I don't know if it is still as gentle as it was when I was 12-20. I also have a face cream that moisturizes my face without making it oily. But for the life of me I can't think of what it's called and I'm already at work.

I only wear makeup for special occassions, so I can't give any tips on that. But ance battles were fought hard until the bitter end of pueberty. lol
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote