Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #401 
teeneythebetta

I'm not too fond of kids but with the right ones I can manage. I like them best during nap time xD

Not trying to offend. Keep in mind I'm the oldest of 5 kids, the others are LOUD and obnoxious, I guess cos it's so busy an they want attention -_-
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #402 
kfish

Bahaha. No one ever said being annoyed by kids was a crime. ;) Everyone is annoying at times.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #403 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't hate kids. I guess it's hard for me to relate to them because I'm never around them. I have a couple neighbors who have grandchildren that I don't have a problem with. One has a 6 year old granddaughter and a 4 year old grandson who are pretty well behaved and I think the parents and grandparents are a big reason why. What I CANNOT STAND is going to a resraurant and hearing kids screaming at the top of their lungs, standing up in their seat and running around and the parents don't do anything about it.
Shaina, I'm so sorry about what happened to you. That has to be a very difficult thing to live with.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #404 
AngelicScars

Thank you to those that understand where I'm coming from.
I will say that the behaviors of kids have a lot to do with their parents. I cannot say that my kids are perfect. They've had meltdowns and they've acted out. The difference with me is, I will do something about it, and other parents do nothing.

Also a lot of what people don't understand is there are kids out there with special needs. They might not behave as you'd expect, but it has a lot to do with how their brain works and they can't help that. My son has epilepsy and I can definitely say he has his quirks that aren't like other children. Sometimes when he is out and is acting up I just want to scream, "he has special needs" because we get these looks from people. It sucks. :-/
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #405 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think kids with special needs can be given some leeway and people should be a little more understanding.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #406 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think kids with special needs can be given some leeway and people should be a little more understanding.
+1

My mom's friend has 3 children out of her 5 kids that have autism. When in public, the younger ones SCREAM bloody murder. People have even said to her, "Jeez, why do you have so many kids if you can't control them?"
Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #407 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a neighbor who has 2 grandkids and both are autistic.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #408 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Yeah, unfortunately people think that special needs children "look" a certain way and not all do. My kid looks like a completely normal little boy.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #409 
Rosso1011

Special needs children seems to run in the family. I had 1 younger brother with a severe case of ADHD, 1 w/ Asperger's, and 1 w/ a form of Autism. They about drove me nuts when I was younger. Now my sister has a boy with severe Autism. I've since learned to understand and tolerate kids with special needs. I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it must be for some parents.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #410 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
Special needs children seems to run in the family. I had 1 younger brother with a severe case of ADHD, 1 w/ Asperger's, and 1 w/ a form of Autism. They about drove me nuts when I was younger. Now my sister has a boy with severe Autism. I've since learned to understand and tolerate kids with special needs. I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it must be for some parents.
+1 I have a large deal of respect for the parents that take good care of their special needs kids.