Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #421 
AngelicScars

I hate having to give my kids meds. My oldest has nasty seasonal allergies so he has to take Claratin daily and my youngest has to take Keppra (anti-seizer med) every 12 hours. It's hard to make those decisions for your kids.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #422 
Pogthefish

Not really, I mean why not take meds?
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #423 
djembekah

there are lots of side effects that can occur, even from medication you take every day. like, sudafed, the stuff that i take to clear up my sinuses, apparently it can cause blood pressure in some people. any med you take can have horrific risks. even ibuprofen. lots of people would rather not make those decisions for someone else.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #424 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes people have to take meds to control their symptoms. My drama director has ADD and so does her 16 year old son. She doesn't have to take mere but her son does. If he doesn't then he's bouncing off the walls.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #425 
lvandert

My bf had to be on super strong antacids for very bad acid reflux (he had surgery done so luckily no more antacids) but he completely lost his immune system. He was sick every other week and ended up being on a refillable antibiotic. He was supposed to take it when ever he started feeling sick, and if he still felt sick after a week he had to go in. He was really bad the last couple months before his surgery. Luckily after he stopped taking the pills his immune system came back!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #426 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
Not really, I mean why not take meds?
Seriously?

The side effects can be serious, you can become immune to the medication and have to find something stronger which could have even more side effects.

Anti-seizure medication alone can have long lasting effects on kidneys and the liver among other things. It took me until my son had his 3rd seizure before I said okay, let's put him on medication. It was either let him have seizures (that lasted for quite some time) or take medication that could have permanent effects. That's tough.

I'm not quick to medicate myself or my kids. I don't see how anyone would be.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #427 
cjayBetta

There is nothing that drives me more bonkers then women who have 4-5 babies so that they can collect more welfare GRRRRRRRR

Kids are usually all dirty and underfed... it just makes my fing skin crawl!
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #428 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayBetta View Post
There is nothing that drives me more bonkers then women who have 4-5 babies so that they can collect more welfare GRRRRRRRR

Kids are usually all dirty and underfed... it just makes my fing skin crawl!
Yeah, that drives me crazy too. It doesn't make sense. Kids cost several times more then what they get. I'm not sure how they do their math.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #429 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Yeah, that drives me crazy too. It doesn't make sense. Kids cost several times more then what they get. I'm not sure how they do their math.
xD good point.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #430 
teeneythebetta

The only thing I hate is when people hate someone for having a certain number of kids. They don't base it on wether the kids are taken care of, just the #.

Like everytime we go to walmart (like I said my mom has 5 kids) people STARE. And it is really annoying. We are thankful- my parents don't get any financial help for us, we have nice clothing, were well fed, I don't see why people have a problem with the fact that there are 5 of us. if we were walking around in scraggly clothes, messy hair and an unpleasant smell, I get it. xD but that's not who we are.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote