Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #501 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I haven't been able to open my jaw wide for two or three weeks, and I just now got insurance. Gotta find out if dental is covered, and if not, I'm in a pickle. I think mine is because of jaw alignment and wisdom teeth instead of TMJ (which my grandmother had).
Some medical insurance companies will pay for stuff like that if they deem it "medically necessary"! They'll even pay for braces sometimes. You'd probably have to jump through a million hoops, though.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #502 
eaturbyfill

My insurance is through the state. If it doesn't cover it, I'll have to look into buying some sort of insurance. It's scary to have these jaw problems. And, it makes me really made at the government that I can't just go to the doctor and get it fixed!! It's not right.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #503 
dramaqueen
Banned

Medicare pays for very little. I went to a new doctor 2 years ago and asked for a physical. Wrong thing to do! I ended up owing like over $400. They say you shouldn't ask for a physical, it's a wellness visit or something like that. I got some of the bill reduced after billing changed the coding but I still ended up having a large bill.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #504 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Medicare pays for very little. I went to a new doctor 2 years ago and asked for a physical. Wrong thing to do! I ended up owing like over $400. They say you shouldn't ask for a physical, it's a wellness visit or something like that. I got some of the bill reduced after billing changed the coding but I still ended up having a large bill.
Hmmm... they must look at it situationally. My friend's mother is on it because she's physically completely disabled by her disease (even though she's only 40) and everything is covered for her, even though her weekly bill is over $200k. She does have issues getting her prescriptions sometimes, though, but it isn't because of Medicare. Pharmaceutical companies are ridiculous.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #505 
Laki

Wow. That sounds harsh. I'm sure the USA has some nice places to live but god help you if you get sick! I'm pretty sure all health related surgeries and treatments are free around here. You would have to pay for cosmetic surgeries like breast enlargements and surprisingly reductions. And to have chiropractics and other specialty services (foot care orthotics) you have to pay for.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #506 
djembekah

chiropractors are covered by my insurance. we have like a $20 copay but that's all
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #507 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thank goodness I have a plan fthat helps with my prescriptions. The price of medicine is ridiculous.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #508 
Laki

I wish chiropractor was covered by mine. I think I can get like a 300$ credit through my school insurance. I don't think they'll cover acupuncture which is considered to be "therapeutic" not "medically necessary".. T-T
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #509 
teeneythebetta

My mom has the chiropractor thing too. I think it's a $40 copay tho
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #510 
cjayBetta

Hey I know a good one - something I hate being a bout a woman... I am a manager and I feel like my employee's would listen to me even more if I were a man.
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote