Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #641 
moonsand0wls

I can't use hormone based contraceptives - no matter what they are. I couldn't handle having the Jadelle implant - I would have a migraine all day everyday and be very moody. As I can't handle that, I definately can't handle the pill etc. I get the depo every three months or so but I found getting it in my hip made it really hard to lose my leg. I usually just use condoms and get the depo done if I know I will be intimate or if I have a new partner (for just incase)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #642 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
I can't use hormone based contraceptives - no matter what they are. I couldn't handle having the Jadelle implant - I would have a migraine all day everyday and be very moody. As I can't handle that, I definately can't handle the pill etc. I get the depo every three months or so but I found getting it in my hip made it really hard to lose my leg. I usually just use condoms and get the depo done if I know I will be intimate or if I have a new partner (for just incase)
I do hope that was a typo. Have you tried getting in your arm? I used depo before and they gave it to me in my upper arm. I stopped taking it because of the constant spotting and the fact that I got the pregnancy nose.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #643 
ThePearlFish

what's a pregnancy nose? Just curious, haha. Never heard of that before.

And Moons, I HOPE you don't want to lose your leg! xP
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #644 
Rosso1011

It's my term for the heightened sense of smell that comes with pregnancy. There were several times when I could feel myself either going pale or turning green from a smell or taste. On the depo that is.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #645 
ThePearlFish

Ahh.. I see.. I get a femaleness time nose :p
Old 12-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #646 
moonsand0wls

The Jadelle is rods - I can't use them because of the hormones in it. I can't handle hormones added into my body, generally.

No, that wasn't a typo - you get it in your hip here. You can get it in your arm or hip - it depends on who is doing it. I personally prefer the hip - I can't feel it getting done. But it can make your leg feel funny (or "jammed" if that's the right way to explain it) but only for a day or so.

I come off of contraception unless I am in a relationship. I should probably get it regularly - it would be better. I just can't be bothered going in every three months, as I usually have a VERY tight schedule.

I am resolving for this new years to keep my contraception regular - to go and get it even when I am not "active".

I found with the Depo that I don't get my period at all - I haven't had it for around three or four months.

:)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #647 
MistersMom

I have super bad cramps around my time, but I'm not sexually active, I'm a virgin and I'm mot going to the gyno anytime soon for bc. No stranger is seeing me naked. Lol. I have bad cramps and bad flow issues, but.net pamprin helps that.....
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #648 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
I have super bad cramps around my time, but I'm not sexually active, I'm a virgin and I'm mot going to the gyno anytime soon for bc. No stranger is seeing me naked. Lol. I have bad cramps and bad flow issues, but.net pamprin helps that.....
I'm usually not the one to lecture anyone but you should be going to the gyno even if you're not there for bc. Women are supposed to go once a year. The gynecologist can detect problems that have little to know symptoms and help treat them or prevent them from becoming a bigger issue.

I will agree with you that I do not like having some doc with his or her face examining my nether regions, but I know it is for a good cause. Most women will agree with you that they hate those exams.

Please feel to correct me if I've made any inaccurate assumptions.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #649 
RoMay

I had a gyno apointment once and it left me with bad stomach aches that put my PKD to shame and a period for a month. Due to cancer in my family I know I should go but I hate pain I am in enough pain every day. Gyno apts are not a maybe, even I know that, they are a should be. A lot of woman catch their cancers early that way. Both my aunt and my mom; my sis was lucky she had a false positive while pregnant.

LOL If I don't have pamprin for THAT time lord help the foor smuck that crosses my path. I get bad cramps to, I get really mood swinging mostly towards anger, and sometimes I have issues with anemia due to my restricted diet. this causes light headedness and bad headaches.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #650 
ThePearlFish

I've had both male and female gynecologists examine me, and all were very professional. :)

In fact, I think it is typical to have a nurse in the room with you while you are being examined, especially with a male doctor, so you are not uncomfortable.

Even if you are only going for just BC, it can be a good practice just to get checked out. It might be rarer, but even young females can be at risk for reproductive related cancers and illnesses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My femaleness is annoying me over the past couple months, my bloating over the past few periods has not been reduced, even when I am not on it! gggrrrr...>.>