Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #681 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I hate how the majority of contraception falls to us, yet there's still a social stigmata following it. An even worse one if you have a few kids and need state assistance, but still there for birth control.
I agree completely. Makes more sense to unload the gun than to shoot at a bullet-proof vest.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #682 
ThePearlFish

I am absolutely miserable.. I just want to crawl under a rock.. and it is all thanks to my gender..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #683 
birdielikestomatoes

Ah Pearl, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I hope you start feeling better soon!
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #684 
prettykitty123

The worst thing is cramps. Big Time! Periods don't bother me, but the cramps that come with that bug me a lot.
prettykitty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #685 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
I agree completely. Makes more sense to unload the gun than to shoot at a bullet-proof vest.

That is hilarious and so true!!!
Feel Better Pearl :/
I had to deal with mine while recovering from surgery last month. It was miserable.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #686 
ThePearlFish

Thanks, I dunno when I will feel better, but shrugs, oh well. I always have ups and downs.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #687 
tilli94

How its acceptable for a man to treat a woman however hewants but if a woman does the same thing shes crazy or a you know what. The fact that men complain about everything. And somehow the world is so unfair to men. Women get everything. Blah blah blah. And periods. Periods suck.
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #688 
SnowySurface

Oooo...the above post reminds me of the combo that drives me most insane.

Men who think periods are the most disgusting thing on the planet. I'll admit that a used pad is a bit gross and non-hygenic if it isn't dispossed of properly. So being on your period does make bathroom breaks messier. But I'm talking about the guys who don't like looking at the pad/tampon section of stores. They make one of the most annoying part of being female even more annoying. XD

Don't even get me started on the people who think women who wear tampons are slutier than the women who wear pads. I personally personally prefer pads to tampons, but summers would suck if I couldn't use a tampon to swim. But I'm not sure if the "tampons are for loose women" thing is common or just some some weird family level stereotype. Has anyone else heard that one?
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #689 
ThePearlFish

I never knew women thought of pads and tampons that way, lol. xP

Personally I prefer pads as tampons feel uncomfortable to me (they itch and I feel like I am not wearing any underwear and am constantly paranoid about either it coming out, it going in or not changing them often enough.)

Even for swimming I am terrified that you can see the string or it is not enough protection or something, :P.

I have been thinking about cloth pads lately, and if I knew I was on top of maintaining them then I might get them, but I am not diligent about stuff like that at all. I have been getting yeast infections before (and they continue sometimes during) my period and omg the pads are so irritating to my skin and I am miserable!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #690 
Rosso1011

I do not even understand why tampons are viewed that way. They are very sanitary and discreet. Why should a woman be viewed in such a manner for wanting to use a more discreet way of taking care of her menstrual cycle?

I am the opposite of some of the people who have posted their preference. I find pads to be more uncomfortable. It feels like I'm wearing a diaper when I wear pads and I feel like I am constantly looking to see if I have a noticeable line from wearing one underneath my clothes. The only thing I feel noticeable with tampons is I might experience a little bit of a bloat at times. I don't see how it is a moral issue at all. Tampons are very hygienic if used correctly.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote