Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #21 
a123andpoof

I am sure I will figure something out, it may not end up being NPT but I will at least put some low light plants in it. maybe put it in front of a window or something? Though may get to much algae...
I am going to a community college and am freaking out! The place is fairly decent size and there are lots of people lol
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 PM   #22 
MistersMom

what college? my mom is also going to a decent sized community college, she says she loves it lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #23 
Blue Fish

You can put a peice of plexiglass or glass over the top to use in place of a hood, and a desk lamp works great to give them lighting, especially the ones that have the bendable neck so you can arrange it how you like. :)
Sweet deal about your tank and all the accessories! :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #24 
Laki

I love college (well, university) for the amazing people you meet!! Don't be shy and try to join a club or something which relates to your interests. Joining the history society was the best choice I ever made at my school!! Also, I guess this new gorgeous kk will be for that nice fish you won?!?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #25 
MistersMom

is college harder than high school?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #26 
Laki

Oh god yes. It depends on what you go in for but teachers no longer baby you and chase after you for homework and all that foolishness. Instructors in college-uni expect adult behaviour. And if you're late or don't do assignments, well that's your loss. They're getting paid to be there to teach, its up to the students to do the work. It's not scary, it's an adjustment. Like, for instance, I'm doing a history degree and I am now conditioned to write 20-30 page papers with my own research etc. I don't bat an eye at regular essays now which are like 3-4 pages.
I see a lot of people coming to uni fresh from high school thinking its a big party but its not. Take it seriously and you will succeed :)
---Woah, we hijacked the thread--- SORRY 123!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #27 
MistersMom

LOL, yeah we did, sorry Poof :P
Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #28 
a123andpoof

I like that plexi glass idea. Maybe a lamp will penetrate through the top enough. And if I am in the room the lid can be off, just not at night or while I am gone. Thats when she gets into the most trouble.

@laki I was just thinking how it worked perfectly that I got this tank just before I somehow won lol! And because of this guys looks everything except maybe the tree thing in the back is going. And no worries about the hijacking thing lol thats one of the reasons I am nervous being homeschooled I got away with very little schoolwork, so now going into college I know there wll be tons of homework, I haven't had homework since 3rd grade.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #29 
Laki

As long as you keep focus you'll be fine!! (I can't believe I'll be entering my 4th year in Sept o.o Time just slips by so fast!!)

I hover a desk lamp over my kk, the light is broken by the plastic kk top but it goes through fine at the little 'door' panel! The way the light goes through it reminds me of a pond (bc my water is usually tanned anyway from ial) I love the natural look! Now to get back into live plants. . .

I'm super excited about your import fish! Can't wait to see him!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #30 
MistersMom

you won a fish? O.o