Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 
lvandert

Why must I be tortured?!

Ok so my friend is moving and first offered me her 55 gallon with everything for it; the stand, filter, heater, lights, covers, gravel and plants/decorations for 80 bucks. Well at the time we didn't have 80 bucks nor the space, so we told her no. Well now she came back and said I could have it all for free. I literally don't have the space. I just want to jump up and down in frustration. Well I have the space but I'd be getting rid of a lot, more things than I'm willing to get rid of. uggg I have to say no again. It such a good oprotunity that has to go out the door. But I've had a brain wave since starting this post. I'll see if maybe she'll donate it it a LPS that I actually like/trust.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Awwww poor Ivan :( Only if that tank was half as small D:55 gallon is pretty big. imagine all the pretty fishies you can have in there...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

i would've tooken the equipment though heh heh
you coulda put it in storage ya know, like in a garage, basement, attic, or something
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

For a free 55 gal plus equipment I would make the space. All totaled, that's over $300 worth of equipment. Even if I had to stick it in the middle of my living room I would keep it there until I could find a better place to store it.

Could you store it at a friend's or relative's house until you have space?
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #5 
lvandert

I wish I could store it but we rent and due to a bunch of crap left from the previous tenant our shed is currently full. We don't have a garage, basement or attic :( I know what its all worth and so does she, it's why she's offering it to me. It also wouldn't be worth the fight I'd have with my bf :( we're already on rocky grounds at the moment. I'd love the tank for my snake when he gets older but if I want the tank I have to take all of it. I have a spot that might fit it but thats for the bunny at the end of the summer. Outside of that I'd through it in our spare room but we have a roommate in it for the summer.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #6 
lvandert

I talked to her yesterday and she's moving out the first 2 or 3 weeks of August. i think I can get our roommate out by then. I have plans for this baby too. Completely divide and seal off two halfs with aq sealant. One half divided 4 or 5 times for boys and the other side a sorority of at least 4 girls.

Unless I give up my bettas and decide to go piranha/pacu

Last edited by lvandert; 06-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #7 
ZackyBear

You could always flip it upside down and use it as a foot rest :D
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #8 
lvandert

We're seriously thinking Piranhas. I can have 3 fully grown comfortably in a 55 gallon so we're thinking to just get 3 and go. I'll have to do a mix of live plants and fake, maybe a few hidey holes for them too
Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #9 
Jupiter

It would be great if you could get it, so good luck!

If the opportunity ever sprung up I'd definitely take it...although I can't really get myself to throw anything out myself.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #10 
lvandert

Oh I want to take it sooo bad and she knows it, thats why she's giving me the offer first. Sometimes I just love the people you work with. (ahh!! foot feel asleep and its 5:20 in the morning. I can't bang it on the ground to wake it up! crap crap crap!) I think I can swing something from the sounds of it. If it takes a 55 gallon tank in our living room for a week or two well alrighty then. I will be getting rid of a crappy book shelf, its full of my bf's anime dvds but I think we'll manage without