Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #1 
xShainax

rareness of double ray CT

How rare is a double ray CT? Because TDP is one. This is the best photo I have of his tail
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Im not sure :S Ive seen triple rays in petco ...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #3 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Someone told me my lucky find is a 4 ray. I'm sorry to say I didn't know what that meant!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #4 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Someone told me my lucky find is a 4 ray. I'm sorry to say I didn't know what that meant!
*Stares* Where did you get him?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

he isssss :)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #6 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
*Stares* Where did you get him?
Ok, This is kind of funny. I wasn't looking for a fish, but my mom let my beloved cat of 9 years out and I think predators got her, so my mom seemed like she felt guilty and said we could look around some fish stores in our area on Memorial Day. :( I'm in denial about my cat but I digress . .

I said I didn't want to get another fish but she saw this guy on a shelf and said she wanted to buy me him. I said "Mom, he is going to be expensive, there is no price on him, he is on the top shelf with the $15 and $25 bettas and he has no tag and he's crazy looking. She insisted and I said "ok ask .. but I bet he's expensive".

Well, it was about 4 young "dudes" who seemed . . uh. . not that smart .. working the register. They said he was $2.99. We said "um, he was on the top shelf and he probably isn't $2.99 like the veiltails". the guy said "oh no. . he just has a different looking tail! He's 2.99. They all are! He's cool looking though!"

We bought him and I was very happy .. but I thought it was very strange that he was in a crappy old pet store with a bunch of guys working that didn't seem to know anything about pets. They had parrots there too and the staff didn't seem to know anything about them either (my mom volunteers somewhere with birds and asked a few questions about parrot toys she could buy)

I live in Tucson AZ. . this pet store was called "Tropical Kingdom" and it had birds, reptiles, kittens . ..
It only had maybe 10 to 15 bettas, mostly veiltails but a few others. Mine was the most exotic looking but still .. seemed so weird to have a random betta like him in a pet store whose tanks were not very clean looking, had a huge tank labeled "ICH- NOT FOR SALE!" . . and algae covering every other nasty tank. They had a lot of aquariums and selection in non-live items .. but yeah . . a weird place to find a nice looking fish!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #7 
Shadyr

They seem uncommon, but if you watch, the petstores to get them in. I was paying more attention to colors than tails, and of the three crowntails we have, one is a double ray. I've paid more attention since then, not that I have room for any more at this time.

I like the crowntails - they didn't have a lot of the fancier tail types when I had a fishtank growing up, so they are quite interesting to me.

Here's my double ray boy, Ghost.

Name:  ghosttricolor-1280.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  61.7 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #8 
Mo

Double rays are very common IME/O
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 
xShainax

My second betta was a single ray CT so I was curious
Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #10 
Luimeril

my King Steve had a neat tail.... he even had one set of rays that was shaped like a Y, but then our evil water got hold of it and melted most of his tail off. ;n; i hate my water for hating CTs..
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote