Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1 
cutie11

Exclamation B.I.N.O.H (bettas in need of help)

to all who read this binoh is a fundraiser of bettas from walmart their conditions
are so bad that they are dying. What i want to do is raise money to buy these
bettas and make a online shelter.ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN B.I.N.O.H
POST ON MY PAGE.
cutie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #2 
Mo

This is pointless IMO, your just making it worse by buying them. When you buy a Walmart Betta you are supplying Walmart with more money therefore thinking they are making a profit off of selling bettas. Which means they will keep selling them if you keep buying from them
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #3 
Aus

I agree. It makes more sense to organise a picket of Walmart to protest the fish's conditions, or a petition to send to management demanding better conditions, rather than paying the company their desired sales profit to keep abusing fish.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #4 
fishyinpa

I work at walmart so I can tell you that buying all of them definitely will not help the situation at all. They will just see it as sales and order more. I try to take care of all the fish (especially the bettas!!) but I can't always do it everyday sadly. I do my best to educate people on their proper care. Some listen and some don't. Still irks me when people ask what kind of fish can live in a bowl or those tiny tanks we sell. i pitch the 10 gallon kits all the time,as that's the biggest we carry. That doesn't always work either heh.

I actually get to order the fish for my store now,so I make sure the tanks don't get overcrowded as best I can. I would love to not order any bettas but customers will and do come in asking for them when they aren't there so higher management frowns on not ordering any at all. I will admit to buying a few from there myself that spoke to me heh. They are my weakness.........
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyinpa View Post
I work at walmart so I can tell you that buying all of them definitely will not help the situation at all. They will just see it as sales and order more. I try to take care of all the fish (especially the bettas!!) but I can't always do it everyday sadly. I do my best to educate people on their proper care. Some listen and some don't. Still irks me when people ask what kind of fish can live in a bowl or those tiny tanks we sell. i pitch the 10 gallon kits all the time,as that's the biggest we carry. That doesn't always work either heh.

I actually get to order the fish for my store now,so I make sure the tanks don't get overcrowded as best I can. I would love to not order any bettas but customers will and do come in asking for them when they aren't there so higher management frowns on not ordering any at all. I will admit to buying a few from there myself that spoke to me heh. They are my weakness.........
Aww :( I actually bought the 10 gallon kit there. It's of great quality and a really awesome price. Actually starting a sorority in it :3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #6 
fishyinpa

Yeah I've gotten several aquarium kits from walmart. I actually have a 14 gallon kit that they don't make anymore! Its the same size as a 10 but taller. A bunch of 10 gallon kits. Only small tank I got from there is the aquaculture 360 something or other. Its a 3 gallon and my CT male is in that. It is a pain to clean though (undergravel filter). I might dig out one of my other 5 or 10 gallons for him.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #7 
Aus

Fish 'hardware' is one thing. Fifty sick bettas crammed into cups to die is another.

If no-one BUYS the bettas, the store WILL discontinue stocking them.

Tanks, etc are okay - they can't suffer.. ><
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #8 
fishyinpa

Yup I know all too well Aus.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie11 View Post
to all who read this binoh is a fundraiser of bettas from walmart their conditions
are so bad that they are dying. What i want to do is raise money to buy these
bettas and make a online shelter.ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN B.I.N.O.H
POST ON MY PAGE.

While I agree with everyone else I think your heart is in the right place.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #10 
Tikibirds

If they get credit for dead fish buying them or not buying them will not make a difference, might as well go ahead and buy the damn things and give them a good life. If you really want them to stop selling bettas, you need to go higher up - like annoying the <censored> out of the regional manager if you can figure out who that is. There is a fight walmart fish curelty page on facebook, they might be able to help out with the regional/corporate stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/fightwalmartfishcruelty

Last edited by Tikibirds; 06-23-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote