Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #1 
NapoleonUWS

Eheim Aquastyle Aquarium 4G

Thinking of getting this tank for my Betta... anyone have one? Easy upkeep? Downsides?

Sparky is currently in a Fluval 2G and this will be an upgrade for him... Want to get him to a bigger tank...

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
NapoleonUWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #2 
xjenuhfur

I saw this tank when I went to a allfish emporium a couple weeks ago. At least I think it was this one. I love the look of it, i just hate the cost. Its like $70ish dollars or something like that right? -googles-

Yeah, $76. And even though its a 4 gal it doesnt actually hold 4gal with decor.

But it looks so pretty. T.T
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #3 
NapoleonUWS

I actually bought it (will post pics later) and I really like the look of it... Now I get to upgrade Sparky to a new place! The light is very bright in this tank and I hope that I will be able to have live plants that will actually grow (vs. slowly dying!)

I wish it only cost $70 - I paid $135 here in NYC and saw it online for much more...
Old 06-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #4 
kfryman

Plants really only need one thing in the aquarium and that is proper lighting, the proper temperature bulb. So for freshwater with only one bulb is best at right around 6500k, that means there is red and blue, along with other colors, they show the colors it gives out on actual long bulbs though. So saltwater tanks don't need red, they need more blue so those bulbs have a color temperature of over 10000k.

I know most of those tanks for plants usually come with not very powerful lights so you will need to get low light plants like Anubias, java fern, Xmas moss, java moss, Crypts, guppy/naja grass, and ancharis. Those should all grow fine, though Anubias, java fern are slow growers.

I just checked the tank out and it looks really nice, the LEDs should be fine with rotala and ludwigia as well. With live plants also remember to jeep the lights on for a max of 12 hours, preferably less, or you will end up with algae.

Last edited by kfryman; 06-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #5 
NapoleonUWS

The light is VERY bright... It actually glows in the room and generates a lot of light (too much actually).

The light -
Excellent illumination with nice shimmering effect, generating 1200 lumens at 6000K. The PowerLED's bright natural daylight provides the vital energy that live aquatic plants and a variety of marine organisms need to thrive. Superb color rendition reveals the aquarium life in the vividness of its natural colors.

Will this be able to support more than just low-light plants?

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #6 
NapoleonUWS

I planted some Ambulia in the new tank and it is thriving... already reaching for the light source and blooming. Looks great.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #7 
yayagirl1209

I decided to go with the Eheim Aquastyle 4 gallon over the Finnex 4 gallon. I'd been going back and forth about it for months. When the price for the Aquastyle dropped down to $63, I jumped on it. I had a $50 Amazon gift card. And free shipping! How could I resist? I haven't gotten it yet. I hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm a little worried about the filter's current...but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'd love to see pics of your setups once they're up and running!
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #8 
NapoleonUWS

Got everything up and running... looks great... the light is SO BRIGHT on this tank that the plants are growing so fast... very happy with that. My new Java Fern is already putting out new growth...

The filter is very strong, so I out a sponge in the top of the filter to baffle the water flow. Seems to be better now.

Will post pics soon!