Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

Betta Memories...

Hi Everyone!!! So I was playing around with my Betta as usual. You know, the Normal Jumping for Food or, Wiggling your Finger and your Betta Wiggles back, Good Times... Good Times... :) But lets get to the Point. When I was playing around with him, I was also looking at his Cup that he came in. I kept it since the Day I got him. I had no use for it, but I still kept it. I was wondering if some People here kept their Betta's Cup too. Well, did you? It just reminds me of the Day I got him. I seriously remember EVERYTHING. What I said. What I had to Choose from. Everything. Since Day 1, I knew the the Betta Bug bit me as Hard as it could. Do you People have any Memories of Day 1 with your Bettas? I made this Thread so we could share Memories about our Bettas. It doesn't have to be Day 1. It could be any Memory/Story you have. I think that it's Good that we could Recall Memories and Stories from the Past...
If you have ANY Memory/Story you have, please feel free to Share.
I'm sure that People here would love a Good Story about Betta Fish...
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Spartan didn't come with a cup... he was in a small bowl with minimal water, and he was the fiery, active orange one with the odd blue spot on his side. He wiggled, and went frantic when he saw me, and I decided to take him home Later he survived a mystery poisoning, bailing out of his tank three times in his life, and I found out the blue spot was a tumor...

Madame, when I went into the store...I was used to plain, dull, listless and small females. She was HUGE. Currently I had four already, so when I saw her I thought she was a short finned male! Nope, she was a female plakat... I took her home!!! She was stressed, dulled color, but eventually her pretty metallic blue on her black body was a real eye catcher.

The day Miane breached the border! He was showing off, trying to intimidate cool, calm and collected Spartan who I had raised from 6 months. Spartan didn't care at his older age, he looked on without interest. I turned around for a second, literally, and I looked back and Hudini Maine was up in Spartan's face!!! I lifted the divider and shooed the bugger back to his side. No one was hurt, but Spartan was surprised! He sat in my hand after I shooed Maine away
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #3 
fleetfish

The day I found Brunhilda, my giant CT . . . she'd been in that cup for awhile, she was bloated and eggbound, and the water was full of every bit of crap imaginable. I could hardly see her. All I knew was that she needed help. I took her and she was bagged, dirty water and all. She came home and I didn't really know what to do with her. So I stuck her in a .5g, took pics, waited to see what she was like, if she was healthy. And then she flared at my finger and pooped the biggest darn poop I'd ever seen. I knew she would be okay.

And she is okay! Three weeks later, Bru is as feisty and beautiful as ever in her large kritter keeper. She's just a lovely big lady and her rays are growing back, her eggs are reabsorbing, and she still flarepoops, lol. I've fallen in love with her fiery, resilient spirit.

I think I have a memory in the making - a week ago I put some freefloating live plants in the tanks and the bettas love it. This morning I found my black delta boy, Knight, under the biggest, thickest bubblenest I have ever seen! It's filling half of the surface of the 2.5g! He's so proud of himself. I'm getting pics of it definitely. Zucca, my CT boy, also has a ginormous nest, but it's hard to see. I squees hard when I saw them.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 AM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
And then she flared at my finger and pooped the biggest darn poop I'd ever seen. I knew she would be okay.

Hahaha that made my day....
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #5 
lelei

Great Thread:)

[size="3"][/SIZE]I love this..Great idea..Lebron..at first I thought it was to memorialize the ones that left us..well..in our case my daughter picked out Sammy..and I had no idea what a betta fish was..or what they require..and in the past we only had a hamster when she was 4 or 5 and it ran away..after putting in so much effort and money to give that lil guy the world..a triple duplex home..with tubes up to the ceiling and every which way.

But he ran away..and it was a devasstating loss..then for a ling time we didnt think about g gettin another pet..until Sammy came home..I remember how I just watchdd him for about an hr..gettin to see how he swam..and if only for the first wek he was in his Petco bowl..then I said I want to get him a nice big tank..so I looked into different sizes and decicedto go with a kritter keeper but was still going for an upgrade..I ordered the 3 gal hes in now..but had to wait and we were just planning vacation

So..he spent another week in the ck..and after learning what to feed him and what majes him happy..i got all the plants..and nicer gravel..and his spongebob..and when the new tank arrived..after getting him in there with the colofr changing lights and observing all his movements..and antics..its a joy beyond words what he has brought to my life..and my daughters..we love him very much..and he is the funniest..and happiest fishy I could ever ask for!!! Love our Sammy:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Your welcome, lelei. Nice Story btw. Oh, and sorry about your Hamster. They really are Escape Artists!!! -_- I <3 my Betta, too. :)
Sena, Great Story!!! You had Good luck that none of them got hurt. :D
Fleet, Funny words... "Pooped the Biggest Darn Poop I've ever seen". Haha!!! :DD

Last edited by LebronTheBetta; 06-15-2012 at 01:27 PM.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #7 
Shadyr

When I got my tank for my desk, knowing a lot less about bettas then, and having not yet discovered this forum...

I bought the 2.5 G "Betta Bow" which is a divided tank. Well, the divider is more like a flat plastic strainer, so while it allowed water to move nicely, the bettas had pretty much a clear view of each other.

I got two males, a red and white crowntail whose colors I loved (he turned out to be a marble and is now mostly blue and purple, but I love him even more because of it!) and a red/cellophane veiltail.

Two VERY opposite personalities. Red - very aggressive, patroled the divider, constantly flaring at Ghost, who honestly seemed to care less. Actually, I think he secretly did care...he had quietly figured out how to get extra food. He would drift up to the divider and just...look. No flaring, no gyrations. Just looking. And Red would take the bait, and come up and flare and swish around. And those food pellets he was too excited to eat would get skirled through the barrier, where Ghost *was* quick to snap them up.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

hahahaha!! xD smart...
Old 06-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #9 
Laki

What a great idea!! It's easy to remember out little friends first day home!
Well Lakitu was an impulse purchase between me and my bf. He lived in a .5g little thing for a few months without a heater (which is how I found this forum) but the first day we got him we were in the next city over getting special meds for my dog and I saw some pathetic looking bettas in the pet store out there. Matt agreed to buy one back in town and he picked Lakitu, the biggest baddest royal blue <3

When I got Ludendorff it was threatening to be a blizzard but my sister wanted to go to the mall to get cat filters for her fountain. I kept it a secret but I knew I was going in to get a betta. There wasn't many left bc in the middle of winter they had a slow shipment (they get theirs from Malaysia I think, or Singapore) and what they did have left were sad and sorry. I picked Lude and one other and my sister chose for me. Lude seemed to be the healthiest and by the time I got him home he was lethargic (they shocked him with a different tank's water and a pump of some chemical). We also had to walk home in the blizzard (which did come afterall) and the buses wouldn't go to the university where I ended up. (it's a 15 min walk from my house)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #10 
Arashi Takamine

When I got Lelouch he was flaring at me through his little tiny petsmart cup (which I still have) and had built a tiny little bubble nest. I knew I had to get him. My heart was aching because I got him the same day I found out Akira my beloved CT died. I was so heart broken but something was telling me I had to go to Petsmart where I got Kai from...And there he was. We got him home I acclimated him and when I got him into his tank..ZOOM off to the races he went. He spent his first day just exploring his tank and eating. He swam around for hours...Actually he didn't sleep at all! He spent the whole first night home swimming around.

And the very next morning? I went to check on him.

GIANT BUBBLE NEST OF DOOM it covered nearly the entire top of the tank. And he was still going at it!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote