Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #21 
Moby

thanks, im going to get a single male then.
Moby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

A 2.5 is too small for any other fish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #23 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmysmommy View Post
i have 2 females in this kind of tank and they have been living there for over a year
I know several people on this website who had multiple bettas improperly situated and about a year after first being placed together, they killed each other. Even though we warned them, they ignored us and the fish are the ones that suffered. :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #24 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Yea that is a little ridiculous but some people just don't know. We are here to educate. I have heard such wild things about betta's and any fish in general and people really believe it.

Fact is, it is good for a betta to flare but if they flare to big some can get a tear in their fin which is NOT fatal. Those tears can fix in a matter of a couple of days no problem. Usually that happens with Veils. It's good to excercise a semi-agressive or agressive fish because they naturaly need to intimidate. It's genetically part of them. They see another fish in a mirror and they have a flare off for a few minutes. You take the mirror away and they win! Lol. They swim away thinking they scared off the "intruder"
+1 this is what I do with my DT...his tank is up against my dresser mirror, and normally covered with a background..but, a couple times a day I remove the background and let him confront the "other fish" and scare him away. I think he has been much happier since I've started doing this!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote