Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #1 
xShainax

Update on my 6.6

Here is an updated picture of my 6.6. In no way is it finished but it's a start
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #2 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Here is an updated picture of my 6.6. In no way is it finished but it's a start
it's a good start! I have one of the 6.6 gallons and I also added a big driftwood bridge/cave. I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of it!
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #3 
xShainax

Only thing I hate is how easy it scratches
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #4 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I have 2 of those 6.6 Bookshelf tanks. I love the shape .. but yeah, I wish I could find a glass tank that shape. Somebody needs to "get on that" - I mean start making and selling tanks that are shallow but long . . just for little bettas. :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #5 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I have 2 of those 6.6 Bookshelf tanks. I love the shape .. but yeah, I wish I could find a glass tank that shape. Somebody needs to "get on that" - I mean start making and selling tanks that are shallow but long . . just for little bettas. :)
It's good for a quarantine tank too. I have a molly, Romeo and a mystery snail chillin. After a huge ammonia spike and OTS killed my fish only betta's have survived in it. If I don't figure out the problem soon, the 6.6 is going to be my primary tank lol
Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #6 
mursey

I was pissed though. . after I bought 2 of them Petco put them on sale from $49.99 to $34.99. Dammit!

I have one with only 1 betta and no one else in it, and another I split (customizing that divider was a huge pain) and I have one betta on each side. I kind of feel bad making them share it .. I may have to rearrange my bettas once again. I know a lot of people keep bettas in something smaller than 3 gallons (or 3.3 . . in this case) . . .. but one of them used ot have it to himself so I keep thinking he is like "WTF lady? Why did you make my room smaller?" :/
Old 06-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #7 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I was pissed though. . after I bought 2 of them Petco put them on sale from $49.99 to $34.99. Dammit!

I have one with only 1 betta and no one else in it, and another I split (customizing that divider was a huge pain) and I have one betta on each side. I kind of feel bad making them share it .. I may have to rearrange my bettas once again. I know a lot of people keep bettas in something smaller than 3 gallons (or 3.3 . . in this case) . . .. but one of them used ot have it to himself so I keep thinking he is like "WTF lady? Why did you make my room smaller?" :/
Lol, I switch my betta's all the time. I have OCD and like to have the betta which makes my mood better next to me. Right now, Romeo is in the 6.6, Taz in the 2.5, and TDP is in the 29 where he likes to flare all the time. I hope Taz is comfy with the hidey hole and stops biting his tail. Rome's tail is on the mend, which I am happy for. the two on the ends which are the worst still hasn't healed but the middle has.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #8 
mursey

Oh good, so I'm not alone in this. :) I change their decor a lot too, when I do the 100% water changes, anyway. Mostly it's just taking things out when it's too cramped, seeing who likes what toy or cave or whatever . ... if someone ignores something I take it out and give it to someone else (yes I clean it first.) I'm changing backgrounds .. .

A couple times I bought an extra tank and hid it in my car (since I have moved in with my mom temporarily) .. and I wait to warm her up to the idea of me getting more fish. I don't make her take care of them but she is starting to think I am nuts "with these fish!"

I said "leave me alone, it's a hobby, you could have kids who do meth, but instead you have a daughter who has a bunch of fish and spends a little time decorating and making hidey-caves for them. It could be worse!"
Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #9 
xShainax

I do too. :O I take the plants out of the 29 put them back in, do a lot of things lol. Who would have thought one little betta would spark my love for them
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #10 
glitchsniffer

I really like the look of that log you found. Sprinkle some live plants around it and it'll look great.
glitchsniffer is offline   Reply With Quote