Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #1 
iElBeau

Filter current as a... toy?

Hey, so I actually just put Beau in his new 10G like 30 mins ago and I've been watching him intently lol.

It appears that the light current created by his filter he seems to... like?

He swims right into it, like about an inch or so from where the water from the filter hits the tank water, and sits there trying to swim closer. Then he goes away, swims around the back of the filter, and tries it again. It looks like he's playing with it sort of lol. He can reach the top of the water for air just fine except for in maybe a two to three inch square area, right where the water comes out. Is this normal? Or should I baffle his filter? He seems just so excited right now!

He hasn't even made it to all the plants yet haha. His filter, heater, tall plant, and a very few fish stones are all too interesting to stop looking at!

EDIT: I also read somewhere that leaving a ping pong ball on the top of their water is a good toy, and that they will push it around actually. Is this true? I totally grabbed one from work today :P Lol
iElBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Well I had a betta who would play in the curent that;s so normal. And weird.

And some ebttas like the floating mirrors or the ping pong balls.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #3 
iElBeau

Awesome :D I figured if he ended up liking the ping pong ball I'd get him one of those floating mirrors lol.

Honestly, it was so funny to watch. He'd go through the current from behind the filter and then turn around to go through the other way and couldn't :P It was like he was trying to figure out why he could swim one way and not the other lol
Old 06-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

LOL it is so funny
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #5 
iElBeau

As soon as I put the ping pong ball in he started chasing it as it moved across the tank! :D
Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

awesome! He'll have fun haha