Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 AM   #1 
keith1964

HMPK Salamander Male x CT Yellow/Gold Female

I have decided to have this pair spawn. Female kept in her holding bay while male explored the tank for the day. After coming home from work I noticed that the female had already prematurely released some eggs and the male had started to build his nest. I decided to release the female she came out like a bullet and knock the male into the heater and glass. Thinking that he would fight back he fled off and sank to the bottom of the tank. I decided to remove and placed him inside a container to re-acclimatize and place him back into his chamber. Saturday morning I fed them as normal he ate was active but later he started reacting strangely just surfacing looking for air. I removed him started to medicate him, still started getting worse, early Sunday morning he died. Looking at his body his belly slightly swollen, eye look popped and spine looked scew. He still looked healthy before placing him into spawning tank. I think with the impact she came at him might have caused him into stress and internal injury with the side impact.

This CT female had just spawned about 2 weeks ago and she started to load up with eggs in such a short period again.
Attached Images

keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #2 
megaredize

awww that so unfortunate that you lost your boy like that.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #3 
tpocicat

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had a few agressive females, but nothing like that!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote