Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #1 
copperarabian

Who's your favourite fish?

The one fish that you really just love, and I know we all love all of our fish but maybe you have a special spot for one in particular :)

Mine is my blue gourami, I've had him now for a little over a year and since he's my oldest fish I really feel attached to him.

This is a photo from when I first got him, he's grown at least an inch, possibly more, since I've had him. Originally he was kept with my king betta, a dragon goby, and African butterfly and I bought him on a whim. He chased and nipped a lot at first but now that he's used to being with bettas and other fish he's very calm, except for the time I tried to add a paradise fish. Never put paradise fish with bettas, or gouramis.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-14-2012 at 03:21 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #2 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey

Mine is Alejandro, he's not the most exotic I have, but he is so cute and his tank is on my nightstand .. he comes to me when I approach the bowl, he swims in my hand, and he likes all the toys I make for him. He is also pretty mellow and just seems like a little puppy. One time I actually thought he might be disappointed when I didn't hang out near his tank before I went to sleep.

Oh also, he follows my finger if I move it around the outside of the tank. He did this pretty much right away after I got him.

Last edited by mursey; 06-14-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: add another photo
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

That's really hard but if there was a fire and I had to run out of the house with one tank it would be my rutilan family. I have had them a year and a half now and they have several juvenile fry in there and one sub-adult male offspring affectionately dubbed 'Cannibal Lecter'. To me they are irreplaceable as I've actually raised them.

Either them or my honey blue-eyes

LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Gilbert, first fish ever. :3

@CA- when I was little I had a bad tank with 2 blue gourami 2 paradise fish a breeding pair of convicts and a plec. All the fish were probably too stressed to care about each other. My first blue gourami lived almost 10 years before he got dropsy or something. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #5 
Sheldon31

I have a special place in my heart that can only be filled by Kyon but my favourites at the moment are the 4 Corys.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #6 
Mo

That's a hard one. I think my favorite fish was my beautiful old little missing eye purple Betta. He was a delta tail that never did well. He had fin rot all the time, he was tailbiting, he had a missing eye, and he was always lethargic. But I loved him dearly as he would do a little dance and look up from resting on his plant as soon as he saw me. I cried the day he died

Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #7 
Shadyr

Historically, probably my favorite fish ever was a big marlble angelfish I named Allanon. He ruled the tank of my youth and lived more or less forever relative to my other fish.

Of the fish in the house right now, Ghost is my fella. He dances for me! My office pal Chicory is a close runner up.

Name:  ghostbubbles1280.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  40.2 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote