Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #1 
CFox759211

Unhappy Not Good!!!

Hi all... update on Sushi... He is not doing well at all... I have been changing his water 100% and stopped the AQS and threw out the BettaFix (think this caused his fin melt.) I replaced his plastic plant with a live one (fern that was suggestd here). The water tests normal for all criteria and the temp is at 79 degrees... however, he has buried himself under two stones. He stays there all the time except to come out every once in a while when he goes to the top, gets some air, and goes right back down under the stones. He appears to be breathing heavier than normal. Other than the fin melt, I do not see any other signs of problems. My concern is that the BettaFix damaged his labrynth organ or kidneys to the point where it's too late. I did add a little Maracide to his water yesterday. He did look like he had some pale gold under his gills and wasn't sure if this was velvet or just his coloring. This morning, he didn't even come over to me, like he always does. I haven't tried to feed him yet today, but he did eat yesterday, with no problem. I want to change his water, but I feel bad stressing him more and also moving the stones, since he is hiding under them. He sometimes darts around and tries to bury in different places, but goes back to the same ones. He is acting as if he doesn't see me. Soooo upset. Don't know what to do next....
CFox759211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #2 
xjenuhfur

Bettafix can damage a bettas labyrinth organ. Fill http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233 again.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #3 
Bladezero

Sorry I don't know the original post, but unless he's in a small bowl, hold the chance for abit.. Sounds abit like he's in shock..(if he is moving him now will kill him) Please fill up the sticky and add a picture.

Sorry I can't give more help then that right now..
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote