Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #31 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintingpintos View Post
ahahaha when my mom watched my lessons she'd always say "wow you're so brave!!" because i would jump 3 feet without stirrups or reins.....and if a horse bolted at me back then, i'd flip out and run away. But now natural horsemanship has changed me xd if a horse is running at me, i just take my carrot stick and jump at the horse, snapping the whip on the ground. I did that to my old horse wilma, who used to hate me because i tried being a lead mare (she is the most dominant mare in her herd, she's the lead mare) and she knew that i was the one keeping her from her buddies....she knew that the halter meant work and riding.....one day i was the only thing blocking her path through an open fence, and she started galloping right at me, but i jumped at her and shouted and whipped the ground. Well, she stopped immediately, put her head down, and let me put the halter on her. I don't know how i managed it but it was like magic....after that she had tons of fun riding with me, playing games, and she started to respect the halter rather than fear it (she was also abused and mistreated, which is why she hated any kind of halter or tack)...

One funny thing is that when she hated the halter, the barn owner used to take halters and lay them over her feed bucket, and stick them all around the stall so she'd associate it with treats and food....it was funny because one day i walked into the barn, and 9 or 10 halters were all laying in the middle of the barn aisle...i was like "what the heck happened here?" and as soon as i thought that wilma picked up another halter and flung it out of the stall xd
she's a real character but now i have nasdaq so everything's changed.
priceless
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #32 
kellyyoungmoney

a somewhat collage of me and my boy Dave over the years :)

kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #33 
shadowpony

Dave is a stunner. So pretty. *faints*
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #34 
kellyyoungmoney

hahaha thank you!
hes really pigeon-toed and we call him "the school bus" because hes got a really long back and short legs :)
but hes a good boy!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #35 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Dave is so pretty! Just recently started helping an older lady care for german warmblood. He was a jumper because of his breed, a Hanoverian, and now he is retired and needs some TLC. He seems intimidating at first because of his size (he's massive) and his strength, but really he is just a gentle giant :)
Old 07-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #36 
kellyyoungmoney

ive noticed that the big boys are usually the sweetest :) its those bratty little ponies you have to watch out for!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #37 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyyoungmoney View Post
ive noticed that the big boys are usually the sweetest :) its those bratty little ponies you have to watch out for!
+1 we have 2 or 3 ponies at our stables who are so stubborn and bratty, it is unbelievable. I also find that the mares are more bratty, thats why i stick to the stallions :)
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #38 
shadowpony

My mare is a dream. Until she goes into heat, that is. Then she decides that instead of being a nice western pleasure horse, she wants to do saddle seat.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #39 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpony View Post
My mare is a dream. Until she goes into heat, that is. Then she decides that instead of being a nice western pleasure horse, she wants to do saddle seat.
Haha! Mares always can become what seems like a different horse when they are in heat/ season. They always it seems get crankier and stubborn, stubborn, STUBBORN lol-riding them is quite a challenge also
Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #40 
shadowpony

Yeah. I love my Shadow Baby anyways. I hate cutback saddles though. It's like riding a bandaid.