Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #11 
Pogthefish

^agreed
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #12 
Tigress

I never said that I feed only Bloodworms. It was a suggestion. I have betta pellets that I do give to mine. I also have other frozen stuff that I use for my fresh water angels. My Bettas also get them.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89

I'm not nagging or being mean to you. Just giving you some helpful advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I never said that I feed only Bloodworms. It was a suggestion. I have betta pellets that I do give to mine. I also have other frozen stuff that I use for my fresh water angels. My Bettas also get them.
Here is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I don't like using pellets for my bettas. I actually feed mine blood worms. The pack of bloodworms is frozen. You pop out a cube of frozen bloodworms and put it in a tiny cup. I feed my bettas 2 bloodworms a day. The packet of bloodworms stay frozen. They are divided in sections (like a pill packet for human medication - to give you a visual). The cup of thawed bloodworms stay in the fridge.

I don't like the betta pellets. I want to give my bettas the best I can give them.
To a random person that says (to sum it up): "I do not like feeding my bettas pellets. There for I feed bloodworms instead."

Please think to yourself "how would someone react if I was to post this?" I use this method and it helps me rephrase everything so that someone else can better understand where I came coming from.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I also use Omega one betta buffet pellets.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I'm not nagging or being mean to you. Just giving you some helpful advice.

Here is what you said:

To a random person that says (to sum it up): "I do not like feeding my bettas pellets. There for I feed bloodworms instead."

Please think to yourself "how would someone react if I was to post this?" I use this method and it helps me rephrase everything so that someone else can better understand where I came coming from.
+1

My baby betta gets frozen bloodworms now, along with Hikari First Bites and regular pellets that are crushed finely. Variety is awesome!

Anywho, I use "Tetramin tropical granules" xD I've heard Omega and Hikari tlalked about the most, and not in a bad way either! A member from here sent me some baby fish pellets for my Sarah and Suzi because of pathetically small those females were... And it did have the good nutrition they needed!!

Go for frozen VS freeze dried. Better for them, and I find it doesn't cause bloating as easily.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #16 
deso

It's not at PetSmart, but Atison's Pro is what I recommend. It's pretty easy to find on eBay, but you'll have to order it there as it's been discontinued in the States. The first ingredient is brine shrimp embryos, which seems to be what you're looking for, and the pellets are nice and small (they float well, too) so you won't have to chop up your boy's food anymore. Personally, mine goes mad for it, more than the New Life Spectrum pellets that I also feed him.

There's also an Atison's Betta FOOD, with a blue cap instead of the pink cap on the Atison's Pro container. Don't get the "Food", it's nowhere near as nutritious.

This is what the container/packaging of the Pro should look like:

Last edited by deso; 06-15-2012 at 09:00 AM.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #17 
atteb

This is what I feed my 11 bettas on rotation:

Hikari Bio Gold Pellets
Frozen Blood Worms
Frozen Brineshrimp
Frozen Glass Worms

Change the diet up a bit is always good. I am a Hikari food lover for pellets and frozen foods. I have tried many types of pellets and these are by far the best "for me" and my bettas. The size, they float. I just find Hikari a nice clean food that is all eaten up.

I also use Hikari in the Koi pond and would not feed anything but.

atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #18 
FishyFishy89

Now I'm thinking about changing up Spike's diet xD
Bloodworms coming in next weekend!!!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #19 
atteb

I think that variety in any kind of fishes diet is best for them overall. So if we can do that we should....

One food I am not a fan of is the freeze dried, I would rather feed the frozen.

If you only have one or two bettas just cut off enough for that feeding and keep the rest frozen. I use the Hikari cubes I am very very allergic to the bloodworms and find that the cubes work best for me. Even though I am feeding 11 bettas I certainly do not use one cube for all of them as there is way to much in that one tiny cube so I cut off the amount I would need and keep the rest frozen till next time.

Cheers....
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #20 
iElBeau

So far I've got "hikari frozen cubes" from all of this... I might buy a third type of pellet, the omega ones...

Any other suggestions ? And how do you feed a gel btw?
iElBeau is offline   Reply With Quote