Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #1 
ao
TFK Moderator

Bad 2.5g Aquascaping attempt. lol!

So after looking at some pretty pictures I was inspired to Aquascape my tank. I went to the LFS and purchased a Lava rock for $2. Really want some glosso as a carpetin plant :S but I guess that will have to wait. maybe I'll post in the classified and ask if anyone has a starter portion.

I also switched in a new light 5000k light bulb, couldn't find the 6500k today at the dollar store (lol yes I'm cheap!)

So this is it for now. I'm waiting for the plants behind the rocks to grow taller. also had some stuff float out from underneath as I was moving th sand around. I guess that will have to wait tillI get back from Australia to take care of it. Need more MTS!

Trieeddd to create some sort of perspective lol. I need to add in more sand and more levels.
Did I mention I originally wanted to divide this tank? Not any more!
I think I'll be adopting off the boy later when he gets too big for his 1/2 gal

Now that I look at it, the potted anubias should be in the other side... meh. I guess i'll move it...

Why is it in a pot anyway...? because I was too lazy to dig it out when I first got it. Now it's roots are so tangled in the rock wool, I dread to pull it out. I can't wait till I pull the last of the Java fern and the anubias nanas from my half Gals. they'll be a nice addition.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #2 
Neil D

It's not bad, it's nice! I can suggest slate for some levels/"floors" of your tank. Do you have Mr. Betta yet?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #3 
mattoboy

I would recommend an all-black sand like substrate. Other then that it looks good!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #4 
freemike

I think it looks good. It really has a natural look to it. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
It's not bad, it's nice! I can suggest slate for some levels/"floors" of your tank. Do you have Mr. Betta yet?
Oh, so THAT's how you make levels! thanks for the tip!
I have Ms Betta :) except she's under my friend's care right now cos I'm away :D
Posted via Mobile Device
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #6 
Tikibirds

Not bad.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #7 
craiger75

Yeah, great first attempt. The aquascaping end is what I'm really starting to get into now. I'm just gonna keep planting until I find plants that work and eventually make the switch to substrate. A lot of this is live-and-learn and practice. My betta's happy with it but I'm fussy - lol!
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #8 
laoshun

I think the only reason why its like that is just because of plant choice, good luck on your future aquascaping.
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #9 
Aus

I'm sure it'll all look great once things have a chance to grow in/flourish. You can always move things about/add things too once you're home again.

Lol, the susswassertang! You're good at growing that stuff!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #10 
Twilight Storm

Not bad! I don't know why you think it's horrible.

When the plants fill in it will look a lot different. You can find step by step plantings of how people do their tanks and it takes them a while to fill in to their full potential. :) With the potted plants, and plants you connected to things, you can also move them around a bit if you find your midground and background need adjusting in the future. :)

I like it
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote