Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #1 
NOUrTheComsat

Lightbulb Simulating Rain.

As I read over filter baffles, I figured; why not make the water pouring out the filter pour like rain?

So far i've concluded that you would need a sprinkler of some sorts, preferably not taking too much space, but it seems inevitable.

Also, would the "rain droplets" produce enough surface disturbance to oxygenize the aquarium?

Just a thought, since bettas are tropical fish, and the tropics typically have frequent rain.
NOUrTheComsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #2 
lvandert

I took a small cleaning hose and put a 2-way valve at each end. Then I put a slit (yes slit not hole) pretty much the length of the hose. Then attached the one end to another hose which lead to a gallon of fresh, treated, cooled water. I then set it up for the siphon method. Once the water made it down I just adjusted the valve connecting the hoses until it just dripped the length of the hose. I also left the end valve open and attached a chopstick to the hose. Chop stick out one end and hose out the other that way the end of the hose is still in the water.

I dont think this way actually airates the water but maybe other kinds do
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote