Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Horse stories?

I got a ton :D

Lol but today, I was using my free time at the barn, to care for a horse that never gets attention, so he is overweight, out of shape, and tends to misbehave because he never gets attention. I decided he looked bored, so I went through the trouble of catching him, and used my best currycomb, that massages thier back. I picked out his hooves rlly good, and decided to give him a treat for not kicking me or biting me the whole time :P Lets just say he nearly bit off my finger! Owwwww it still hurts lol :P e knew it too! Oh I wish I could slap 'em sometimes, but then I would feel so bad! I just put him back out without his play session :P I made him jealous and brought out his best buddy instead >:) He was like waiting at the gate fro me wehn I came back, so I gave him another chance lol. When I played with him, he kept trying to challenge me tho. He would follow me over jumps and stuff, but every once and awhile he would reach otu and bite at me, or rear up. the thing is, if you flinch, he takes advantage of u :P Im just like "Toby, get ur fat a$$ over here ;) and he would come trotting over :) He braved the BIG jump today too! 1 and a half feet! lol. So my day was eventful :P
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #2 
Zappity

Hope your finger feels better! Brat horse. haha

My mom used to have horses when she was younger. 2 Tennessee Walkers and a Quarter horse. My Great Grandpa still has the Quarter horse at his farm in Tennessee. The Walkers died years ago, sadly ):
I've always loved horses; basically since I was born. Starting tomorrow morning, I'll be going to horse camp for a week, so I'm EXTREMELY excited 8D Someday I wanna be an Olympic Dressage rider...I want to jump, too, but not in the Olympics, the jumps are too high xD
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #3 
thekinetic

Oh I wish I could own a horse, I love them as they're like big dogs. My uncle has horses but I rarely get to visit him. Way back he had great big grey horse that he warned me would bite but I petted his snout anyway and he was just fine with me. I guess he just liked kids!^_^ Sadly that horse was put down some years later when he got sick. :(

I hoping some time this summer to go to his house for a family get together and see his new horsies! :D
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #4 
Pogthefish

Cool guys! I have taught at a horse camp before :P Hated it, not even going back this year. Btw I think my fingers broken T-T

So yeah. Basically, *bumps*
Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #5 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Not a horse person, and not a long story, but my friends horse had a baby foal. I came to visit it the day it was born, poor thing didn't know how to keep his tongue in his mouth so he was walking around with his tongue flopping around. It was pretty adorable.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #6 
Zappity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogthefish View Post
Cool guys! I have taught at a horse camp before :P Hated it, not even going back this year. Btw I think my fingers broken T-T

So yeah. Basically, *bumps*

That sucks -_- Both things. haha

May I just say...Trotting is PAINFUL!!! the first time anyway, and posting is hard, but gets easier :D
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #7 
Pogthefish

Yeah, I had to use my hands o push up at first, but I started to use them less and less.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #8 
Bethydan

I ride Western (or more likely bareback) so I don't deal with posting. I could never find the patience to learn. I had an Arab gelding once who had come from a less than friendly or caring home. Too many horses and not enough knowledge about them. :-p He came with a few bad habits. Biting and nibbling being one. I DID bop him on the chin every time. After the first couple of times he realized that it was not fun to tooth people anymore and quit forever. He would also try to walk off AS I was mounting him. I got fed up one day and just hung there halfway in the saddle while he walked. I didn't jump up into the saddle until he stopped. Had to do it for a week until he learned to stand still. He hated having me hanging off one stirrup because the unbalanced pressure was uncomfortable for him.

He actually saved my poor foot once. I went out to the pasture to feed them at the normal time, but nothing was in sight. I called and he didn't come. Which was a bad sign because he NEVER missed a meal. I found him and his mare buddy on the opposite side of the pasture just watching me. I started to walk towards them so I could grab a handful of mane and walk back with him. Thought he was being temperamental. Halfway thru the pasture he screamed at me. Literally screamed. It sounded like a "Danger!" scream so I froze. Then I heard it. The slithering of a HUGE snake directly under my foot. I was 1mm away from squashing the poor thing. The horses knew it was there and waited til the last second to warn me, the buggers.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #9 
Pogthefish

OMG thats so cute! I wish horses would do that down here :P