Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Albino Sailfin Pleco to a good home

Hey guys, I recently rescued what looks like a white common pleco from a terrible 5 gal tank that had 3 other fish in it. He/She has done a marvelous job of eating all my algae, eating sinking pellets and sucking on my driftwood in my 20 gal tank. However as he will get HUGE and as far as I know, needs 75gal+ of water.

So I know I don't have the means or space to care for this lil guy (he's barely 3 inches right now) once he grows.

I'm Rehoming him. I live in south Florida so if you live near me and would like to come pick him up for free, that's fine. If you want him ( i keep calling it him and I really don't know the sex lol ) he is free as long as you pay for shipping. IF you are interested pm me your zip code and I'll find out how much it will cost.

Please do not ask me for him unless you intend to take care of him correctly. I do not want to sendhim off to live a life in a crappy crowded tank to die. That's why I took him from my friend because no He does not EAT POOP

Sorry. I hate when people tell me oh its okay he cleans up the poop so he's fine in there.

Corydoras and any species of pleco do NOT eat poop or any waste. They scavenge!

Okay back to my point LOL Anyone interested pm me.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I don't live near you, but I can relate! My 8 inch pleco was from a 15 gallon tank with the "million fish" aka billions of guppies... The lady said "He grew really big in 6 months... But since he cleans my tanks I've never had to worry about cleaning!" They don't eat poo or absorb ammonia... My poor common pleco was red with burns!

Good luck finding a home for your fella. I've never seen an albino sailfin!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #3 
Anitax3x

They sell them at petco. Idk if its a sailfin for sure but hes gorgeous. He is tiny compared to yours. When my friend told me what was in her five gal she goes oh idk three fiah and a fish that cleans everything. I was like what does he look like and she says isk he just cleans and hes white. So originally I thought it was an albino corydora catfish becase usually people buy those to "clean the tank" and they die. So I was like your tank is way over stocked let me take the catfish since I have four albino corycats and they need to be in groups. When I get there ITS A PLECO!!!!! So i took him home and let him eat all my algae, sinking pellets and gave him nice open space. Hes small only a lil bit longer than the corycats in my tank. This tank is a bit over stocked but its planted and filtered. Plus Im trying to rehome him. Its funny when he comes out at night to find food I really do wish I could keep him but its not going to be fair when he gets bihgger. Im just happy that he is out of the mess he was in before half starved and hiding uner a rock from a huge nasty killi fish.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #4 
Anitax3x

Three fish**
Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Yikes!! Well happy you gave him a second chance =D And someone aught to take him :p
Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #6 
Anitax3x

I hope so! Hes so cool looking!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #7 
Mo

Are you sure it isn't an albino Bristlenose? I know they sell those a PetCo
Old 06-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #8 
Anitax3x

I'll post a pic lol
Old 06-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #9 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Dorsal fin pointed up please. :D Best way to tell. Try making him angry if he doesn't stick it up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #10 
Anitax3x

I tried this is all i could get my phone is dyung. Ill do more once i charge it
Attached Images

Closed Thread