Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #1 
ZackyBear

Post LTB A Few Things

Hey there, everyone~ If there are other sites I can go to to buy some of these things, please let me know. I even have a few things I can trade for some of these supplies, but I will only do it with trusted members of the forum (if you don't have a good rep selling/shipping then your post count means nothing to me. Sorry.)

If you have any offers please PM me so we can work something out. Willing to pay shipping as well~

Vinegar Eel starter culture: My current culture crashed for some reason. I'm still trying to find out why, but until then I need to start another one since I plan to breed more platys and some mollies soon.

Micro Worms: I don't like these, but I need them since I want a varied diet for my future spawns (and vinegar eels are nutritionally deficient).

IAL (Indian Almond Leaves): I need a small stash to see if this will help Portal Prime's dorsal issue. Willing to buy in bulk though if need be.

Black Worms: I want to try these but I'm afraid of any pests that may come with them (read lots of horror stories!)

Also, if you live in texas (tarrant county) I'm willing to trade a few things for more items I need. PM me for the craigslist ad and we can work something out :D

Thanks for looking~
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 
AFishTale

Another Dallas member! I'm in Plano. Also looking for some of this stuff, probably just going to hit ebay or AB for the cultures.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFishTale View Post
Another Dallas member! I'm in Plano. Also looking for some of this stuff, probably just going to hit ebay or AB for the cultures.
I'll see what I can find :o when my cultures get big enough I wouldn't mind sharing~ ^w^
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #4 
AFishTale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackyBear View Post
I'll see what I can find :o when my cultures get big enough I wouldn't mind sharing~ ^w^
Awesome, when I get home I can get you some other links where you could find that stuff. Planning a spawn?
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #5 
ZackyBear

Yep~ Going to spawn some more platys and maybe some mollies and eventually move on to my boy Portal Prime before he gets too old.

I know they say don't breed 'pet' bettas, but he is a very beautiful fish and if I can make a solid line out of him, then I will try.

Last edited by ZackyBear; 05-23-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: missed a fish species
Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #6 
Mo

To save a few bucks.. Honestly. You don't have to use IAL in a spawning tank. A half cut styrofoam cut floating in the water can be used as an anchor for the bubblenest. And oak leaves can be used for tannins

Do you have a picture if portal prime? I wouldnt recommend breeding petstore bettas. Most of the time they are already one year old aswell and IME some older bettas don't breed
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #7 
ZackyBear

But I would still like to have IAL to see if it helps with Prime's fins. Whenever they heal even a little he tears them every time his flips its dorsal around. :(
Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM   #8 
Mo

They have virtually the same properties. Both have natural properties. I believe OFL said they were 99% the same regarding tannins
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #9 
ZackyBear

I'll have to browse around and see where I can get those then. Wouldn't I have to worry about pesticides or something, though?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #10 
Mo

I usually have no issues with those kids if things. Unless you spray pesticides and chemicals into those leaves or around them. I wouodnt worry. If you live in the city, or very close to a farm that sprays pesticides over there fields it can be come a problem though. I usually just get my leaves from right outside of my house, I would contact OFL for more information