Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #31 
AngesRadieux

I was planning on premixing it in a 2.5 gallon fish bowl. I have the bowl filled with dechlorinated water, I'm just not sure how to go about measuring the proper dosage. Do you think I should keep Mozart cupped or let him in the 2.5 gallon bowl?
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #32 
ANHEL123

did you have sick fish in it before? Did you disinfect that tank?
If yes you can do it in there.
Now if he has problem to swim you need to lower the water, which you can do after you add medications. And don’t add medication directly in the tank , pre mix it in the cup.

What you can do - take dry plate and have one packed on that plate. Then split it in a half (which will be 5 gall each); then split one of that part on a half and it will be for 2.5 all and so on...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #33 
AngesRadieux

Nope, I haven't had sick fish in the bowl. I just keep it around because it makes water changes in my 10 gallon tank easy. I'll dose the bowl. The only thing is I'm concerned about heating it... I have the heaters from Mozart's and Brahms' tank, but both were in the tank while the fish were sick so I don't know if I want to risk putting either of them in the bowl.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #34 
AngesRadieux

Right now he's cupped in treated water. If the medicine seems to be working and he perks up in the cup I'll move him into the bowl. But I think I'll keep him in the cup until I see a bit of improvement. He doesn't appear to be having trouble getting to the surface, but I don't want to take chances.

He seems to be doing even worse. He's lying on his side on the bottom of the cup. I'm going to lower the water level in the cup for him. :( I don't know what to do. His color's starting to come back, but he's just laying on his side...

Last edited by AngesRadieux; 06-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #35 
ANHEL123

Wash it in the hot water 50% vinegar put salt wash it very well. When you wash it submerge it in the water completely make sure no disinfection solution left in there. My heaters have wire go out of a hole so if yours the same, put it upside down make sure all disinfection solution leaks out. Let it dry out for 24 hrs . I think it enough. Also if you put it and submerge in the clean container and plug it on make sure it working I think since it very hot it will kill any bacteria. I can’t think about anything else.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #36 
ANHEL123

Sorry we posted at the same time i didn't see what you wrote. So sorry it ok to have him in the cup.
Is there any visual symptoms on his body?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #37 
ANHEL123

Please be ready for worse so sorry....keep us update and be strong you doing good job :(

Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #38 
AngesRadieux

I can't even tell if his gills are moving anymore... It's really not looking good. I have to go now, but I guess I'll see if he's still alive when I get home later.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #39 
AngesRadieux

The stupid fish didn't make it... Maybe I should just stop trying to keep fish.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #40 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngesRadieux View Post
The stupid fish didn't make it... Maybe I should just stop trying to keep fish.
this is quite offensive, its not the fishes fault. Now I feel bad for trying to help you when you didn't even value the fish. I would tell you to not give up but if you view is "stupid fish" then maybe you should.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote