Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #1 
Marvel170

Exclamation Betta turning white help!!

So my girlfriend has this lovely all cherry red betta well recently he has been acting strange and today I noticed that his gills were inflamed, and he was breathing hard and fast.. she put stress coat and AQ salt into his cup which he has been qurantined in, not at the same time for the salt and stress coat. His breathing seems to have improved, but he is still breathing fast. now she is telling me that his face is turning a grayish white color and is starting to spread to his tummy. Is there anything i can do, or should we give up? thank you in advance for your advice :)
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #2 
MistersMom

oh no im so sorry! i can't help, but it sounds like the sticky in 'illnesses and emergencies'
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #3 
Marvel170

It's okay thank you for your concern :) yeah I read it in the sticky after I posted this, I feel kind of silly now since I didn't read the sticky first XD So it is a fungal infection and like I have earlier stated we used AQ salt and stress coat and it ahs helped hopefully we won't have to get any of the other medicines
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #4 
MistersMom

good! i hope he is back to his normal self. good luck with him.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote