Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 
DazedBetta

filter?

I'm setting up a new 10 gal tank for a new Betta I plan on getting in a week or two. Ive used home made sponge filters and filters like this with a home made baffle http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3B+Circulation . Now I don't know why I want to try something new when what ive already used works great on my other tanks but I was wondering if I could get your input on what filters work best for your tanks and also if any has tried out this filter http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3B+Circulation . Its a bit small for a 10 gal but I was reading the reviews and someone was using it for a Betta and someone else used it on a 10 g and everyone seems to love it. I just don't want a new import to get hurt because I felt like trying something new. Thanks
DazedBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #2 
cjconcepcion

id just go with something youve done before that you know works. i get my import tomorrow and i wouldnt try anything new either
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #3 
DazedBetta

Yeah I already picked up my regular filter wish I could test that internal filter without risking one of bettas tho.
DazedBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #4 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Tom's makes a small internal filter like that with a spraybar (no less) which is well-received on Amazon.

I have a couple of Hagen Mini internals, but I have to augment the foam for cycling purposes.

I've read too many filter horror stories lately. I think I'm going to stick with sponge filters and weekly vacuum/changes.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote