Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #11 
xShainax

My mollies do a good job when Romeo lets his fall to the floor
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #12 
Enkil

Hannibal has no tank mates so I'm careful with him. He was so picky! So now I have extra foods in all sorts. XD
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #13 
xShainax

xD TDP nearly killed my molly so I had to seperate them
Old 06-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #14 
Enkil

Personally, I wouldn't trust anything in with Hannibal. He earned his name on my hand. He's big and feisty. I tried so many foods with him when we first got him home. So I now have about 5 kinds of pellets, multiple freeze dried foods, lots of frozen foods, and multiple kinds of flakes. He then decided that pellets are yummy. -_-
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #15 
xShainax

Spitfire loved Freeze dried bloodworms, none of my other boys would eat them -.-
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #16 
Enkil

For several weeks, that is all Hannibal would eat. I then got NLS pellets when I bought 6 bettas from DarkMoon. Tried them with Hannibal and he decided to give them a try. Now he eats whatever I give without question.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #17 
xShainax

I gave TDP some steak the other day, he ate it happily
Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #18 
colorfulpetgirl

My betta boy completely loves his flakes! I suppose it's because blood worms and krill are included in the ingredients and I've only had him for about week and for most of that week I fed him that exclusively. Now I feed him mostly pellets with flakes as a treat, because he needs a complete diet.
colorfulpetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #19 
kelseyleah343

Harvey will eat anything in sight, but Leo on the other hand.. he won't eat anything but pellets. I have tried two types of flakes, freeze-dried blood worms, and other frozen foods that I've given to friends and haven't kept up with. Harvey was satisfied with all of it. It really kind of gave me a panic when Leo wouldn't eat.. turns out he's just picky. -.- But I love him anyway, picky or not.
kelseyleah343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #20 
marktrc

i have tetra flakes because i have a smaller betta who was brought up on flakes. at first he ate them but once i gave him wardley betta pellets and tetra freeze dried blood worms, he spits out the flakes if he eats them at all. the flakes are tetra bettamin. i also tried tetra baby shrimp. none of my bettas eat the shrimp even when i crush the shrimp to bite size. all my bettas enjoy the wardley pellets but the pellets are inconsistent in size. (maybe slightly too big) sometimes it looks like they might choke on it. im going to try hikari pellets next.

the one thing that worries me about the tetra blood worms is it says something like ...prepared in such a way to minimize the presence of undesirable organisms found in blood worms... i have read other brands that said free of harmful parasites and bacteria. ill probably get a brand like that next time.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote