Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 
lelei

Talking Sammy's New Mansion!!!

So, Just to share my good news, I am sooo exited to say.. Sammy is moving into his new mansion.. very soon!!
and here it is, it is a 5 gal, with a great light, (better pix to come) and this now frees up his 3 gal for a NEW FISH!! I cannot wait..Whoohoo..

So please tell me what you think, I am somewhat cycling it, I think, don't have a real plant in yet, but I do have a filter, and an air stone, bubbling up, and aerating the water, so that is the bubbles you see, 1st pix are with flash, and 2nd without, new plants, new cave, and new gravel!!! Heater, of course, and thermom
Attached Images

lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #2 
Enkil

Love the colors. <3

If you pile up the gravel slightly, your Sammy can use the bridge as a rather cozy cave. I do this with mine and my boys LOVE it.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Aw, what a lucky guy! :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #4 
lelei

Ooh yea, that is a great idea@Enkil, gotta try it, cuz I was wondering if sammy would fit under it, looks a lil tight, gotta get some more gravel:)
@Olympia, Yea he is..I have been anticipating this for a while now:)
Old 06-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #5 
colorfulpetgirl

If I was a betta, I would totally live in that tank! ^-^
colorfulpetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #6 
Enkil

You wont be sorry you did it. I have several of those bridges in my tanks. My one boy, Egil, absolutely loves his. No matter what else I put in there for him, he always sleeps under his bridge.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 
lelei

That is soo sweet @colorful:) I was always wondering what is was like to be in a tank, from a fish's point of view..lol!!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #8 
colorfulpetgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
That is soo sweet @colorful:) I was always wondering what is was like to be in a tank, from a fish's point of view..lol!!
The creator of this thread (you, just in case you need reminding ) has done such a fantastic job on the tank, I'd be insane not to say something to that effect!
On a different note, I'd totally love to see everything from my betta boy's pov. It would probably give me lots of insight on how he feels about all these energetic, mammals who seem to be able to go into terrain he cannot.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #9 
colorfulpetgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
You wont be sorry you did it. I have several of those bridges in my tanks. My one boy, Egil, absolutely loves his. No matter what else I put in there for him, he always sleeps under his bridge.
Sounds cozy.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #10 
enchanted01

I have the same tank! I love it! But watch the filter. My boy is really silly and liked the vibrations from the unit and would sit against it all the time or sit under it and let it suck at his fins. Those weren't problems and neither was the fact that I baffled the filter with a plastic bottle to keep it from throwing him around. So what does he do? Goes through the "tunnel" letting the water make him do flips and he would do it over and over. The final straw came when he kept hiding behind the unit and getting stuck. After rescuing him 3 times, I took it out. He's mad and no more bubble nests. I hope yours doesn't get a filter obsession, but keep an eye on it getting behind the unit.

Oh and I love all the colors! It's very beautiful. I'm sure he will love it.

Last edited by enchanted01; 06-17-2012 at 11:43 PM.
enchanted01 is offline   Reply With Quote