Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Question Transfering fish from a 10 Gallon to a 30 Gallon~How should I do it correctly?

When my 30 Gallon tank is ready for me to add fish after it's cycle, how do I add my fish to the new tank? I was wondering what order I should do it in, like do I only move over a couple of fish at a time over a certain period of time from the 10 Gallon? If so, how long should I wait before I add the next couple of fish? Plus what fish should I transfer first, the Bettas, the Cory Catfish, or the snails? Right now I have in the 10 Gallon tank 4 Female Bettas, 4 Cory Catfish, and 3 snails.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #2 
xjenuhfur

Do the bettas last. That way they see the snails and cories as a decoration and not as noms. :)

I could be wrong though. Since I know cories can be a little sensitive to water conditions.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #3 
LyzzaRyzz

I would put the snails in, then the betta. Once the tank stabalizes, take the betta out, rearange stuff, do a water change, add the cories, and a little while later add the betta. Then you dont have to worry about your cories, and your betta still sees the cories/snails as not food.
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote