Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #1 
Pasqua

Stuff that reminds you of your childhood

You know when you have something in the back of your mind floating around but you can't quite grasp it or remember what it is? and it realllllly iritates you!! because you can't for the life of you name it or pinpoint it.

Well I had one of those the other day. It was a cartoon I used to watch as a kid. I could vaguely remember an image of this... character? I don't know if he was a man or animal or thing. And I remembered he had leafy hair and a slide.

Well this topic had come up in my mind many months ago and I still couldn't think of it. After much time searching on the internet and asking many friends... I finally discovered (and by that I mean someone told me) what it was!

Oakie doke =D
Name:  oakie doke.jpg
Views: 5323
Size:  61.9 KB

And finding this and feeling like a bit of a kid again led me to watching johnson & friends on youtube, which really feels almost just like getting a big hug from your mum after falling over and hurting yourself or something else very childish like.

So, what makes you all nostalgic or reminds you of your childhood? =P please share! I love nostalgia lol.
Pasqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Any woodee area. I have fond memories of playing with my cousin and my grandpa's chow in the woods. Barefoot of course.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #3 
thekinetic

Most of my childhood was taken from me by something I'm not going to get into to and would rather forget. But even so I do have a few precious memories.

It's not much but I have in my armoir a old teddy bear. It was given to me by my parents on the day of my birth. I can stare in it's eyes and almost remember the childhood I once had. It is odd how such an item can carry with it so much good energy.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have good memories and bad memories of my childhood. We were always around family and had get togethers all the time. I miss those days.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #5 
eaturbyfill

Hercules and outdoor activities like playing in the mud or hiking remind me of my childhood. I watched Hercules so many times!!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #6 
Pasqua

Sorry to hear that kinect, Im glad you have some good memories you can look back on though =) Im impressed that youve been able to keep hold of your teddy for so many years

DQ, i agree! used to have hugeee family get togethers with most of my forty odd cousins on my dads side and all my aunts and uncles and grandparents. so much fun runnning around with my cousins as a kid causing trouble =P

where abouts did you used to go hiking eatu? did you camp out overnight as well?
Pasqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #7 
Joaquin

Location: DEEP IN DA HEARRRT OF TEXASSSS.....I hate that song.
Oo, I don't remember seeing Oakie Doke. He looks like he's pretty cool, though.

I grew up with a lot of cartoons, and I quote them pretty much everyday, lol...so it's weird because it's like I'm still in my childhood, heh. One of these cartoons is ARTHUR!...and I still watch it if I catch in on the television, haha.

I guess if it's something I don't have anymore, such as a toy or a place we used to go to, it takes me deeper into my childhood. For example:
Does anyone know of a restaurant called Shoney's? I used to go there a lot and pig out when I was a kid.
Joaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #8 
Rosso1011

When people mention obsolete technologies that were popular when I was a kid. When people mention swimming pools as well. My grandmother had a pool in her back yard where family get togethers would be hosted. Unfortunately, my family doesn't hardly ever have get togethers anymore.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #9 
Romad
TFK Moderator

It's the ocean for me. I spent all of my summers growing up on Cape Cod and the islands. So even though I live in the woods, I'll never be far from a beach.

There's nothing better than the smell of the air at the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing and gulls gulling :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #10 
lvandert

Gargoyles, the Animaniacs, Ren and Stimpy, and of course the woods!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote