Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #11 
Joaquin

Location: DEEP IN DA HEARRRT OF TEXASSSS.....I hate that song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Gargoyles, the Animaniacs, Ren and Stimpy, and of course the woods!
Ohmygoodness, yes!!! Especially Animaniacs and Ren and Stimpy!
Joaquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #12 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
It's the ocean for me. I spent all of my summers growing up on Cape Cod and the islands. So even though I live in the woods, I'll never be far from a beach.

There's nothing better than the smell of the air at the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing and gulls gulling :)
Same for me. I'm now quite far from any nice ocean. I grew up in Hawaii and lived for a bit in Italy, travelling along its coast, so I will always have a fondness for the sea. Seeing anything ocean-related (be it saltwater tanks or a seashell print on a tablecloth) makes me want to catch a plane immediately to the Mediterranean...

Your description is making me all sentimental now. But you forgot to mention how good it feels to walk along the shoreline with sand inbetween your toes
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #13 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Same for me. I'm now quite far from any nice ocean. I grew up in Hawaii and lived for a bit in Italy, travelling along its coast, so I will always have a fondness for the sea. Seeing anything ocean-related (be it saltwater tanks or a seashell print on a tablecloth) makes me want to catch a plane immediately to the Mediterranean...

Your description is making me all sentimental now. But you forgot to mention how good it feels to walk along the shoreline with sand inbetween your toes
Good point!
And collecting seashells in my bright pink pail :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Those sqeezable Koolaid aid drinks.

I'm only 15 so that's all I got. xP
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #15 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasqua View Post
Sorry to hear that kinect, Im glad you have some good memories you can look back on though =) Im impressed that youve been able to keep hold of your teddy for so many years

Yes it hasn't been easy but I've kept it safe. Good thing too as I have far too many bad memories for my liking, and you have no idea how bad some of my memories can be. The worst have been blocked out by my brain, but there is still some that cause me to wake up in a cold sweat. So it is beyond important to me to have just something that reminds me of the good.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #16 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
It's the ocean for me. I spent all of my summers growing up on Cape Cod and the islands. So even though I live in the woods, I'll never be far from a beach.

There's nothing better than the smell of the air at the ocean and the sound of the waves crashing and gulls gulling :)
I couldn't agree with you more. There's nothing I love more than the salty smell of ocean water and sand. I remember going to spend a weekend with my ex and some of his family and when we got close to where we were going to be staying, recognizing that familiar smell of sand.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #17 
Tikibirds

I was a weird kid, I practically lived with my grandparents since they were about 15 minutes away. My mom worked days and my dad worked nights as a NYC cop so to grandmothers house I went. OR during the school year I would spend days at a time at my best friends house and her and her mom would go to chinatown or other parts of manhattan alot.

Other then that - my little pony - the original 80's version - was my fav toy and I have continued to collect them into adult hood including the current line

And I have a very faint memory pf trying to play packman and failing miserable on Atari

OOOH YES! I loved rend and stimpy, Anamanaics, tiny toons and SNICK on nick even though I was a teen by the time most of them came out. And the afternoon disney cartoons like Duck tales, rescue rangers and tail spin. And Sonic and Sega
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #18 
greenfishfl

ehh lets just say i dont like looking to my childhood i wasnt blessed with a very good family when it came to reunions there was always a fight amongst the family...
greenfishfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #19 
dbooknook

I'm a teen now, which is technically a kid, but.....
Bunnies remind me of my childhood. When I was four, I got a bunny from my grandma...it only lived for three years, but the memories were pretty good. Littlest Pet Shop also reminds me of my later childhood.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #20 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfishfl View Post
ehh lets just say i dont like looking to my childhood i wasnt blessed with a very good family when it came to reunions there was always a fight amongst the family...
We don't even have reunions any more. Too many trips to the doctor for broken knuckles, noses and such.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote