Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #1 
craiger75

Angry The Usual Good News, Bad News Routine...

Good News...

Made my usual rounds to the pet stores this weekend. Found plants at a local one that actually carries things worth buying ... YEA! Now, I don't have to deal with PetSmart and their sketchy selection. Though, I will say I pulled off a bit of a coup with the mammoth Sword plant I got there today

Bad news...

I think I'm still having heater issues after taking a fleecing buying the almighty submersible type. This thing is twice the size of my other one because the one I had in there - that is supposed to heat a five gallon tank - was running full blast and doing nothing as the temperature dropped and dropped.

Now, this brand new one sits in the back of the tank taking up space and not much else. Honestly, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with submersibles, other than they cost about twice as much as clip-ons. That's about it as far as I can tell. I have a feeling this one is going back tomorrow. Plus, the bulb on my hood light just blew
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #2 
Enkil

I use adjustable submersible ones and don't have trouble with temps. >> What brand is yours?
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #3 
craiger75

It is a Hagen Elite Mini Submersible 10
Old 06-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #4 
craiger75

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
I use adjustable submersible ones and don't have trouble with temps. >> What brand is yours?
The only thing I can think of atp is that the filter's not running to circulate the water, so the warmer water is sitting stagnant. I really hate that thing tho, and I don't think he's that crazy about it either
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #5 
Knitterly

Too bad you're not local to me. I picked up a 50w heater, new in box and shrinkwrapped, at my local resale shop yesterday for $5. I don't need it, but coulnd't leave it behind. Who knows when I'll have an emergency need for one? LOL. But I'd share if you were closeby!
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote