Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

It's funny when the pups come out for the first time to dog club (they are usually quite young). They usually try and back out or chew on their leads or just stop altogether and refuse to go anywhere. I think it's something they get used to pretty quickly. Teaching to walk quietly without pulling or plowing through the bushes like a wombat can be harder.

Shepherds are great. I love our three. They are big trouble sometimes though! I remember one time our older two rode the baby gate (divides the kitchen from the lounge and dining) all the way to the ground one night after jumping on it to bark at the cats. Other times you will go down and there will be tea towels on the ground, chairs knocked over, the back door open, mud everywhere and our two females wrestling on their beds. My boy Ares was up on the bench this morning very silently and sneakily licking the brand new sour cream I'd just opened.

My mum has been slacking off on obedience because we show our two females but I am making her take our 8 month old again once she comes off heat as they get too out of control if you don't keep it up.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #12 
Curlyfatbottom

German shepherd
Haven't raising those in years
Lots of energy dog
Just make sure u play or walk it each day
100 pound
That's heavy
I guess the parent are the big long hair german line
Those guys get kind of big n scary
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #13 
thekinetic

Puppy! Squee!!!

And I love big dogs as they're usually giant teddy bears!^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

dad and mom!!!

These are the parents. The first one is mama, and second is the father. However everything I read says they should be more lean (which I have seen some excellent weight on other GS dogs, these ones seem a bit more stocky.

Sorry the dad pic is so small LOL.

The nice thing is about them, the eyes - I don't mean color or shape, I mean I have seen some nasty eyes... Like on the one GS that was severely unstable to be a service dog - he had the eyes that told you he would snap on the smallest thing! Both the parent's seem to have softer eyes, very calm. (I love being able to do that ;) )
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I'm holding my breath!!! He is coming today - I wasn;t able to meet her in a town 20 minutes away, so I'm giving her 20.00 for gas to come here (her idea ) Yay!!

On top of that we're looking for a house to rent (or rent to own?) so the pup has a secured fenced yard, and Gurgi can be out there too.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #16 
tpocicat

German Shepherds are wonderful dogs. When I was growing up, my parents only had German Shepherds, big wonderful babies when raised right.
Blindness isn't much of a problem with dogs, since most of their input is from smell and hearing.
Enjoy!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #17 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Don't know if you've considered this, but do you think the GSD pup could help Gurgi's anxiety?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

That's what I thought too hahaha!! Maybe they can do each other a favor... Gurgi hates being alone, so what if he isn't alone? GS pup will be apprehensive and uncertain... Gurgi can be his certainty? I will get a jingly bell for Gurgi, which I've read is a good idea so the pup knows he is there.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #19 
teeneythebetta

Wow I never knew shepherds weighed so little...

My American pit bull terrier/Staffordshire bull terrier mix is 70 pounds... o.o and he's short xD
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

well I will say I have seen some awfully large german shepherds... And I don't mean fat o_o Might've been a cross. Or...Just a very large GS

I have to move my hand made table. Dean said get rid of it. I RAWRED. >.> I made it with my dad. Granted, it is dangerous to legs and blind alike, but I won't get rid of it. I'll move it. If I had to part with it, I would sell it. Then be without the sentimental value (worth a bajillion >:( ) plus... I worked really hard on it ;(

(ignore the stuff in the background I'm moving stuff and making it blind safe.)
Attached Images