Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #1 
bettaluvr

My Evolve 8 community and sorority tanks

I have them both in my bedroom, I just ordered some new night stands and instead of lamps I'm using the tanks. I purchased my first Evolve 8(top pic) in February, I added one halfmoon male betta, two neon tetras, two guppies, two balloon mollies, two African dwarf frogs, two ghost shrimp and an otto catfish. All the fish get a long great and are fun to watch.
I liked it so much I just bought another one(bottom pic) last week for the other side of my bed and have 6 halfmoon female Bettas, a ghost shrimp and African Dwarf frog in it. I decorated both with a planted driftwood and some betta bulbs.
I really like the easy setup and design, the filter and cords being concealed behind the back overflow wall, the whisper quiet pump, LED daylight and moonlight, and I paid about $90 including tax which isn't bad for what you get!
Attached Images

Last edited by bettaluvr; 06-19-2012 at 12:55 AM.
bettaluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #2 
bettaluvr

With moonlights on...my favorite feature of the tank.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #3 
MistersMom

how many gallons is that? wouldnt you need more for a sorority? O.o but i dunno...
im just curious...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #4 
bettaluvr

and the "star" of my community tank...my boy Norris. He loves the tank.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #5 
bettaluvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
how many gallons is that? wouldnt you need more for a sorority? O.o but i dunno...
im just curious...
it's 8 gallons..and my sorority is a small and private school one.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:59 AM   #6 
MistersMom

oh dang 8 gallons?wow... i thought it was 5 lol, those are really nice thanks though.. very happy fish!
but whats a 'private school' ?
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #7 
freemike

Nice looking tanks. Just a word of caution on the sorority from my past reading on this site. Sororities need to be heavily planted preferably with tall plants that break up the line of sight. It's not good to have that much open water space in a sorority tank. It would also be beneficial to have more caves and deco's for them to hide in and around. Also I would keep a close eye on the water parameters on the sorority being that stocked on a 8 gallon tank will take a lot of maintenance. You may be looking at water changes more than once a week with a set up like that to keep nitrates in check. Good luck with your fish.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #8 
bettaluvr

I plan in changeing about 50% of the water weekly and vaccuum the gravel like I do in my community tank and the plants should be decent size within 2 weeks. The driftwood has a nice size cave underneath.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #9 
bettaluvr

more pics
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #10 
Anitax3x

The tanks look great, a word of caution on the sorority, you need alot more plants! Fake/live whatever you would like, The girls will get along but take it from me, I had a sorority going for about 8 months, tons of plants, in a 40 gal tank, tons of places to hide and they STILL decided to randomly start killing each other. Mind you thats after a 8 months of everything going just fine. So even though they seem fine now, they are stressed by seeing the other girls and that can lead to acts of agression. Just throw in some fake or my personal favorite live tall medium and floating plants, and you will make life better for your girlies

Side note: your male is gorgeous

I don't really know about the other species enough to make any comments but the tanks themselves look awesome! I have been looking at those Evolve tanks.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote